Ok, I'm trading my Epiphone gothic explorer for and epiphone LP standard. Why you might ask? Because I don't want to do anything to alter the greatness of the Explorer but a LP I wouldn't mind. I plan on having the LP painted white with black binding (Yes unoriginal I know) but I was wondering about how much it would cost to get painted or if I would be better off doing it myself. And if I were to do it myself how much would paint be?
White with black binding? Sounds pretty sweet, I'm doing the opposite colour combo on my Epi Explorer at the moment. Doing binding (or fuax binding, which is what this is) isn't too hard if you have patience and can use a craft knife well. Just remember to mask the binding nice and tight and make sure its all smooth, and keep the coats ncie and thin to avoid dripping or smudging. If you want good nitro paint, go to http://home.flash.net/~guitars/, but it's not the cheapest option- getting a can of black, white and clear laquer (and things like grain filler) would come to about $50. Or you could use regular automotive paint, which is a lot cheaper and comes in more colours- the results aren't bad as long as you do it properly
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
I vote you do it yourself, its not too hard as all you have to do is take electronics, bridge, etc off, sand, and paint. and plus, itll be cheaper than having it done
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Quote by JasonFUSJ
Do you just want to sell your explorer?

Hell no! This one's for keeps, unless the right price comes my way . Painting isn't too hard, it just needs patience and care. And it's far more satisfying than just buying a new guitar
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile