Okay, so I'm trying to improve my sweep technique, but I don't know any songs that have easy sweeping riffs? Recommendations?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Man, that almost sounds funny: "easy sweeping"...

Well, u could always take the normal approach & slow down existing sweeping progressions and speed 'em up as u get better at them. Just so long as u play in time, otherwise the whole thing goes down the toilet.
There's nothing wrong with playing sweeping at slow speeds at first...

However, u could try some Children Of Bodom stuff. It's not the easiest, but it ain't the hardest stuff either...
Last edited by Shreddin 4 Life at Jul 25, 2006,
Well, i don't mean "easy".

I mean something that isn't like Michael Angelo sweeping. Heh.

Thanks for the advice though.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Children of Bodom - Silent Night Bodom Night, and Towards Dead End, has got 3 string sweeping. Really helps alternating your picking. If you search the tab archives here for lesson (artist) you will find a lot of helpful sweeping thingies. Another song that will help must be JerryC - Canon Rock (Tab located at www.jerryc.tw)
theres a cool little sweeping thing at the beginning of Welcome home by Coheed & Cambria, not too hard at all, and it sounds pretty cool
There is some subtle little sweeping parts in some of Megadeths solos, check out anything from the Friedman years, Hanger18 has a short section in one of the early solo parts its pretty easy and sounds great.