Heard this band a few days ago and the vocals are some of my favourite in metal. What do you guys think of the band? Does anyone else know of any other metal (whatever genre this band goes under i mean) bands which have good singing like this one?
Last edited by mark123 at Jul 25, 2006,
Gothenburg style Melodeath. Very similar to Soilwork. Nevertheless, they're a good band I think. The vocalist's clean singing tends to borrow some pop influence I hear which is kind of cool.
I made a thread on them a while ago, after I had first listened to the Symmetric in Design album, because I thought it was so good. They're really great, I really do love the vocals, both the clean and growling. They've got some good riffage going on too, overall one of my fav melodeath bands.

Also, I made a thread on a band called The Old Dead Tree a while ago which nobody responded too, but they have a similar feel to Scar Symmetry. He sings clean and growls and they have some kickass stuff, definetly worth checking out.

Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
They're ok. I got 2 of their CDs from a friend, and they're better than most Gothenburg bands I've heard. But then again, its still Gothenburg...
I agree with kirkisking
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
i love these guys. thats pretty much what ive said in the multitude of threads made on this band.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
They're pretty cool.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Okay band. They have some VERY catchy songs, but they're just bland and unoriginal IMO. Sometimes they sound like a carbon copy of Soilwork. That's too bad because they're a very talented band.
Quote by <><
Oh, King'sXfan590! Is there anything you won't say?

There, now you can quote me and put me in your sig.
Quote by King'sXfan590
Okay band. They have some VERY catchy songs, but they're just bland and unoriginal IMO. Sometimes they sound like a carbon copy of Soilwork. That's too bad because they're a very talented band.

Ehh, I prefer them over Soilwork, just something about Soilwork's vocals I can't stand.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by King'sXfan590

Scar Symmetry are a lot heavier than Soilwork.

I like these guys. Hopefully they'll keep getting better.
I don't know. Something about them just screams Soilwork. That being said, they're a talented band with a ton of potential. That's just my opinion though.
Quote by <><

Quote by ChildofBodom
I don't understand the why everyone is so crazy about this band. It sounds like standard melodic death to me.

Cool avatar.
Quote by <><