anyone have any ideas on what timmy-C uses?? i know he has his assortment of jazz basses and a few musicman stingrays what rig does he have??
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Going by your avatar i assume you mean tim commerford.

If so he uses 3 ampeg heads. One into an 8x10 for cleans and the other 2 into a 4x10 each with a varying level of distortion. The 8x10 is always on and the others get added as he requires more distortion.

Uses two jim dunlop bass wahs. One for the clean amp and one the two distortion ones. The two pedals have a piece of metal covering both the footboard so they can be moved as one.

Hes got a tonne of home mode fuzz/distortion pedals and a digitech delay i belief.

He really only uses jazz basses nowadays and i think on tour with audioslave they are all strung B-E-A-D. He also uses left handed P-bass necks on jazz bass bodies as the finds the extra string length behind the nut improves string tension on the low B and he prefers P-bass necks for the wider string spacing.

All his pickups are custom made or stock ones which he himself has rewound.

Practicaly everything is customized in his amps and pedals, surprisingly not by his tech, but by the man himself.

Also some other details, he hates DI signals his cabs are all indivdually mic'd however there are DI's as backups.

Also if he can he plays fingerstyle with one finger only ups it to two if he needs two.

Another little thing he uses custom levy's straps to protect a mountain bike injury to his left clavicle.
Quote by Applehead
Basically, you will never be able to get his tone. End of.

LOL i know its very sad lol

Help me to live.

It's a bitch, but such is life. I'm trying to find my own tone.. maybe in ten years you guys will be asking how to get Adrian M's tone !
^ You'd need a cooler stage name. Like the Adriatic warrior!
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Cheapest way to get a smiliar tone is;

Mexican J-Bass (passive)
4x10 cab with a hybrid or tube head.

The secret to his tone would be investing $$$ in expensive valve OD pedals. Not how he does since he uses amp swapping but youd be a close as it gets without forking out thousands.

The secret to getting your own tone like him is just **** with your equipment. Learn to mod amps and pedals etc.
Well TIMMY and TOM have both said its betty to find ur own sound cos if everyone copied thier heroes then music wouldnt progress

Help me to live.

"Search" button. This was done not that long ago, with the information on that thread you could be Tim C.'s tech.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I say we track that ****er down and torture him until he a) gives us his rig or b) tells us all his secrets.

Just kidding ! (unless you wanna do it)
^ I'm down. I want those secrets.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
It's impossible to reproduce C's tone.

YOU CAN reproduce his clean/distorted tone by getting a warwick Corvette/Streamer II and some basic distortion pedal. But his signature tone is something only he knows about.

Wickedly modified J-bass and custom effects are to name just a few.
Quote by Yertle
^ You'd need a cooler stage name. Like the Adriatic warrior!

My stage name is Applehead and the Fruitbaskets
Quote by Bassilo

YOU CAN reproduce his clean/distorted tone by getting a warwick Corvette/Streamer II and some basic distortion pedal. But his signature tone is something only he knows about.

Yea you are right about beign able to get timmys tone with Warwicks, i can get his clean/distorted with my thumb bass... i love it
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Quote by Applehead
I say we track that ****er down and torture him until he a) gives us his rig or b) tells us all his secrets.

Just kidding ! (unless you wanna do it)

LOL lets go chase him around and grab him and put him in the back of a van then make him eat raw eggs untill he tells use his secrets mahahahaa

Help me to live.

He's actually a really nice guy... I was reading a thread on TalkBass a while back... one guy had met him and Tim let him play his doubleneck Fender...

So, lets not chase poor Tim Commerford down... he has kids, too, doesn't he?

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Ok ok, we won't hurt him...just..."encourage" him to reveal his secrets and maybe "lend" us some gear. And I do believe he has kids.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i wish he was my dad lol i love tim commerford he is such a nice guy, to be honest all of rage against the machine are great guys

Help me to live.

Quote by Bassilo

Not to mention, finger size, strength and the way he phrases a note.

Its very difficult to accurately reproduce a famous players tone.

Try finding your own voice.
Quote by Tallman
Its very difficult to accurately reproduce a famous players tone.

Try finding your own voice.

Amen to that - i wish people would stop trying !
Does anyone have any idea where I can get strings like that (BEAD) without you know, buying a 5 strings pack and not using the G? (Sorry for stealing the thread)