Hey, simple question. Can someone outline the differences between the:
Epiphone les paul standard
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul elitist custom

Thankyou
Yup^^
Get the elitist it's way better than the other two.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Elitists use solid mahogany which is like a Gibson and is better than alder covered in mahogany like other epiphones. Also wood is of very high quality. So are the electronics and the pickups.
Most epiphone les pauls are great for the price I own one myself, but get an elitist if you can there loads better than the standards and customs.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
what's ur budget? because there's a big difference in price up there.

and if mahogany was the only difference, everyone would just buy the plain top, or a schecter.

pickups, electronics and hardware is different.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I don't really have a budget, I was just checking these guitars out. Is the price difference from the custom to the eletist worth the extra? also, do they have a shiny finish? or a matte. On the epiphone site they have a matte finish, but everywhere else they appear to have a more shiny finish.
Which one a epiphone les paul standard or a classic quilt top?.. or a plain top?
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Ok...

The regular LP Standard is mahogany/alder. It's "flame maple top" is actually a thin veneer. There are occasionally all mahogany ones that slip through, but for the most part, they're mahogany alder. Some people like the sound, others hate it. It's really just opinion. They're decent for the price.

The regular Custom is the same basic guitar as the standard, but with all the extras. More binding, block inlays, gold hardware, etc. Not really worth the price unless you find one of the exceptional ones.

The Elitist Custom will be on par with any non custom shop Gibson. It's got a solid African mahogany body, maple top, USA hardware, electronics and pickups, and still has all the bells and whistles that a Les Paul Custom should have. It's highly doubtful that you'd find a better guitar for the price. If you have the $1000 that an Elitist LP Custom costs, go for it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
So the general consensus on the elitist, is yay? atm I own a cort g250. And a ****ty amp. I have been playing for 4 years and have owned the cort for 2.