Can i get some ideas on a new guitar for me? and maybe anybody looking in this thread may find some ideas too.
i am wanting a second guitar but i dont know what to get.
the guitar i have at the moment is a Squier Strat.
any ideas which guitar to get next anybody?
If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again. - TERRY VENABLES
what styles of music do you like and play, what is your budget, and what amp do you have?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
When you get to a stage when you want to upgrade, then you'll want to seriously think more carefully about your choice of guitar. Think what type you want. The best way is to try a lot of guitars within your budget, play them through your own amp and see which suits you on a personal level. Someone might recommend something with Humbuckers but you could hate it, or you may love it.
Get down to a guitar shop
Well, Squire is a downgrade brand from Fender (what I mean is that Fender owns Squire, and Squire just makes more affordable, but worse, models of the Fenders). If you are looking for another cheap model of a good guitar, you can look into the Epiphone (another downgrade brand, but owned by Gibson) Les Paul Special II. This is really just a beginners guitar, and I wouldnt recommend it if you have the money and the experience to buy a better one. But, if you are just starting out and would like to have another cheap guitar to play with some friends, I recommend that one. They should sitll sell a starter pack that comes with the amp, the picks, the bag, etc for around $150.
i'd personally save up and take a bigger step then just buying something else that will need replacing. One good guitar is probably better than an arsenal of crap ones.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
If you like your Squier Strat and you think it plays pretty well, then put your cash into some new pickups and a re-wiring job. I have quite a few guitars, but a Squier was my first and come this fall I am going to put a Texas Special and some Lace Sensors into it and have it professionally rewired, it will be like a completely new instrument.
I would not put money into upgrading a squier strat personally. They are made to be beginners guitars. Lower quality wood. I would honestly get a higher quality guitar.

But its not my money, I guess it depends on your budget and what your looking for
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
I would not put money into upgrading a squier strat personally. They are made to be beginners guitars. Lower quality wood. I would honestly get a higher quality guitar.

But its not my money, I guess it depends on your budget and what your looking for

It depends on what year Squier you have, mine is considerably older. The neck is maple and quite smooth, and I believe the body is alder.
thanks guys...
some really good ideas there..
i mite put thought into a humbucker.. my old guitar teacher just bought one, i had a go on it and it was great, im not sure which one it was though.
I do like Les Pauls a lot, they're great to play, can't really afford a Gibson though. i'm not really the richest person alive, since i'm only 13, but my parents are willing to give an affordable price for a new guitar for me.
If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again. - TERRY VENABLES
Quote by ToBeAGooner
It depends on what year Squier you have, mine is considerably older. The neck is maple and quite smooth, and I believe the body is alder.

how do i find out the year of my Squier???
Try to find a Tokai Les Paul copy - they're nice guitars. If you can't afford one of them, Vintage LP copies are worth a look, although they're not much of an upgrade from a Squier - more like a change of style.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The following Epiphone guitars were reffered to me today, but which one do you guys think will be best for me??

1) Epiphone G-310 SG
2) Epiphone G400 Fitted Neck
3) Epiphone Les Paul Special II
4) Epiphone LP 100-Bolt-On Neck
5) Epiphone SG Special With Zebra Pickup LTD Edition

Please choose one of the guitars and if possible state why it would be best.

(There are pictures below of each guitar in order from 1-5 to refresh your memory a little bit)
Attachments:
G-310.jpg
G400.jpg
Special II.gif
Bolt On Neck.jpg
SG.jpg
Last edited by mattymanza at Jul 26, 2006,
personally i would go for a vintage vs6 (sg style copy). entry level price- well rated guitar.
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Quote by Tok
personally i would go for a vintage vs6 (sg style copy). entry level price- well rated guitar.

This guitar??
Attachments:
vintage-vs6.jpg
Last edited by mattymanza at Jul 26, 2006,