8 28%
t3h Class (Epi)
21 72%
Voters: 29.
Okay, I'm kinda in a windmill, here.
I'm thinking about gettin either
This Epiphone Custom LP alpine white 600 Euro

or this Dean (well, almost, without the trem) for 550Euro

That Epi is just sweet, but the Dean has ultimate coolness. In looks, I can't decide, and in playability they also come even, so I'll let UG's experience help decide.

well? any experience with playing them?
I'd say the Custom is cooler IMO. You'll be sick of the Dean as soon as your tastes change, but the Custom will be there for you whatever your style is.
that's what I was thinking, too. It's just that, right now, I love all this heavier stuff, and, loving dimebag, it would be awesome playing a guitar like the one he played.
A lot of metal guitarists play the LP. Hammett and Hetfield play ESP LP style guitars. they're more metal than you think! perhaps get a black one if you wanna be hardcore :P

The deans ok, and all respect to dimebag, but they're a bit overvalued and are kinda really capitalisin on the dimebag tragedy.
oh, I'm not worried about not being able to play metal on the Lp, don't worry. I'm not one of those n00by kids who think "uh, BC Rich is t3h schizz, cuz Mick from Slipknot plays them!" (at least not anymore). It's really just a question of quality. Which ones are better made?
LP but look for the midnight lp by epiphone with the emg's in it.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
tbh i dont like the look of either very much, but if i had to choose, itd be the white lp.
Which Dean are you talking about? There's a lot of Dean MLs without trems, ya know.
Quote by suicidalmoose
A lot of metal guitarists play the LP. Hammett and Hetfield play ESP LP style guitars. they're more metal than you think! perhaps get a black one if you wanna be hardcore :P

The deans ok, and all respect to dimebag, but they're a bit overvalued and are kinda really capitalisin on the dimebag tragedy.

They play a Les Paul with EMGs.

A les paul with EMGs sounds nothing like a Les Paul.

Now it depends on what type of metal you play. If your just jamming on power chords and soloing then the paul should be fine.

But if you play stuff like Megadeth and Metallica with complicated riffing on the EAD strings then the Les Paul will suck.

Les Pauls have a dark rich tone but that dark warm tone turns into mud when playing complex metal riffs.

Les Pauls arent metal guitars(unless you put emgs in them but that changed the tone dramatically. Your not even getting the guitars sound the EMGs have a built in preamp. They will sound the same on a squier or an american strat). If your going to play Slayer and Megadeth go with the dean.

If you really like the looks of the paul I guess you could put EMGs in it. That will add a lot of high end and clarity.
I would give the LP, but I have been lusting after a LP for awhile now.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
the custom LPs are alder and mahogany, so it wont sound like a real LP should , it kills sustain and it will sound slightly more trebly, I would say that they are of about the same build quality, i have a dean that is still in great condition after 4 years under me and i bought it used, the Epi should be fine though too, the dean is more metal and the LP is more versitile
get the dean. but go for the 79 series.
But thats just me, I hate playing guitars that EVERYONE owns, whether they're good or not.
too many LP/SG fanbois have ruined those models for me

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by CoreysMonster
that's what I was thinking, too. It's just that, right now, I love all this heavier stuff, and, loving dimebag, it would be awesome playing a guitar like the one he played.

If you want to play dimebag stuff you should get a guitar with a trem, don't insult the man.