Jeff Buckley: The Movie

Good idea?

They said they haven't choosen an actor yet. Who do you think would work well? I can't honestly think of anyone. River Phoniex if he were still alive maybe.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
I'm more interested in seeing 'Amazing Grace'.
Heard about this one and thought it'd just ruin the whole mystery behind him, whereas 'Amazing Grace' isn't like a biopic, its like a music film should be, a documentary.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
wow is there really a jeff buckley movie coming out? wow cant wait to see it. maybe jude law wudnt be that bad if you scruffed him up a bit.

then again maybe not

Can't spell crap without rap
official member of the 'say no to hip-hop' club =]

founding member of the 'i'm in the 8%of teenagers who likes real music' club
pm me or Johnsonville to join
It's a good idea if they do it well. Not much is known about Buckley's personal life. But it might not be a good idea because the thing that made "Ray" and "Walk the Line" interesting is the main characters overcoming substance abuse, blindness, etc. As far as I know, Jeff Buckley wasn't a drug addict (his father was - died of a heroin overdose), so it'll be interesting to see what they pick as their central conflict for the movie.

As far as who should play Jeff... Umm... Denzel Washington.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
It's a good idea if they do it well. Not much is known about Buckley's personal life. But it might not be a good idea because the thing that made "Ray" and "Walk the Line" interesting is the main characters overcoming substance abuse, blindness, etc. As far as I know, Jeff Buckley wasn't a drug addict (his father was - died of a heroin overdose), so it'll be interesting to see what they pick as their central conflict for the movie.

As far as who should play Jeff... Umm... Denzel Washington.

It'll probably be interesting. As a kid he never really had a steady home, and then from what I've read it sounds like he struggled quite a bit whilst at GIT, and it was only after the performance at the tribute to his dad did things start getting interesting (in a good way) for him.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
It'll probably be interesting. As a kid he never really had a steady home, and then from what I've read it sounds like he struggled quite a bit whilst at GIT, and it was only after the performance at the tribute to his dad did things start getting interesting (in a good way) for him.

According to interviews with his mom, he struggled at GIT because he felt he was more advanced than everyone else. She says that his practice regimen was so ridiculous even before going there that he already knew pretty much everything they were teaching. How true that is, who knows. And of course the main conflict in his artistic life was coming to grips with his father and the legacy associated with adopting the name "Buckley." Hopefully there's no Hamlet-esque ghost scenes.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ No, I meant living wise. He was able to play Al Di Meola by about the age of 14/15, he didn't ever struggle on that side of things. He played in so many bands at the point as well, ranging from reggae to heavy metal from what I remember, but he just didn't want to be in the limelight in the bands and often stood back. And when he was at GIT he also started writing songs to sell to singers coming to LA looking for record deals. He was probably one of the best players at the institute at the time, but the living conditions and the struggle for money is really what I meant.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
^ No, I meant living wise. He was able to play Al Di Meola by about the age of 14/15, he didn't ever struggle on that side of things. He played in so many bands at the point as well, ranging from reggae to heavy metal from what I remember, but he just didn't want to be in the limelight in the bands and often stood back. And when he was at GIT he also started writing songs to sell to singers coming to LA looking for record deals. He was probably one of the best players at the institute at the time, but the living conditions and the struggle for money is really what I meant.

Ah ok. Yeah, his musicianship was... I can't think of someone else who is that much of a virtuoso on guitar and writes Paul Simon-quality lyrics. And then of course "the voice." *Sigh* Well, it'll be interesting to see what angle they take. But yeah, I'm also very interested in seeing the documentary on him. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I don't think it's coming near me any time soon.
Hi, I'm Peter
I've read James Franco (Spiderman) may be considered for it.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»
I've read James Franco (Spiderman) may be considered for it.

Hell yeah! Good call. That is almost dead on lock with the thin frame and the cheek bones and all. That would rock.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
i really really really hope it doesn't suck
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Quote by tossup

Well his mom is co-writing it. She said she has been approached for years about sign off on it but she has been worried about the story being skewed. So I am guessing this studio gave Carte' Blanche.

Last edited by Liam Alan at Jul 26, 2006,
Quote by tossup

Same.

I'd be really interested in seeing this, as long as they didn't screw it up and did it well.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by tossup

x3. Some musician movies can be really good (Ray, Walk the Line, The Doors) and some can be horribly, horribly bad (any movie done thus far about Hendrix, for example).
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by witrudd
how bout johnny dep he can play any kinda part

How about fucking no?

I'm sick of this Johnny Depp worship and how everyone thinks he's perfect for everything. Back when Walk In The Line was in it's starting stages I knew people who thought Depp would make a good Johnny Cash. What the Hell?

People act like they've never seen a versatile actor these days. Well, he used to be until the Pirates bullshit.
Poor advice.
I'd rather listen through Grace twice than watch a film about him really. Mind you, I see why people would find it interesting, but for me, I'll just stick to the documentaries where Jeff is played by Jeff
Quote by Abe
I'll just stick to the documentaries where Jeff is played by Jeff

Jeff really isn't that great of an actor.
Hi, I'm Peter
As far as who looks like him, Ethan Hawke or whatever his name is comes fairly close.
Jeff Buckley:

Ethan Hawke:

Dye his hair a little darker and give him brown contacts and it's a decent match. Plus, Hawke was pretty darn awesome in Training Day alongside Denzel.

I dunno how I feel about the idea of a movie, but if it's a decently big movie with a couple decent actors, it might spread the word about Jeff to the public a little more. But we'll see. My default emotional setting is "cautious optimism"
Amen on the cautious optimism.
And man, James Franco was a good shout. He looks just like him. What else has he been in other than spider man, how good are his acting chops?
Freaks and Geeks > Everything

Yeah James would be a good fit.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.