im not much familiar with primus.

can you please list down good primus songs

thanks alot :stickpoke
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
jerry was a racecar driver, pudding time, too many puppies, sgt baker, tommy the cat, dmv, my name is mud, hamburger train (amazing song), over the electric grapevine, john the fisherman (classic)
all of them........

ok fine i'll be helpful then.

ill just stick with four string songs, since thats only what most people have.
all of the frizzle fry album is 4- string, so thats a good place to look.
all of those songs are fun to play and are pretty easy, the hardest imo, would be "pudding time"

onto "sailing the seas of cheese":
"american life" is my favorite one to play. "is it luck?" is another good one. "tommy the cat" is do-able on the 4 string, since les actually wrote it on one way back in the day.

"pork soda":
almost this entire album is 6-er....
but "nature boy", and the "pressman" are fun to play

"tales from the punchbowl":
"southbound pachyderm" is a must know, and its really snazzy

"brown album": (woohoo)
"the return of sathington willoughby", "fisticuffs", and "golden boy"

"antipop": (least favorite album)
"laquerhead" and "power mad"

"animal should not try to act like people":
"my friend fats"

after writing this, i realise i need to get outside more.....
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Everything Redrum listed is quality, but I'd also advise:

Laquer Head, Anti-Pop, Power Mad, Have a Cigar and NIB (Good covers.. well.. NIB's kind of a cover..), and Wynona's Big Brown Beaver (one of their only radio-play songs). Tommy the Cat and hamburger train are a must haves
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
One Better, from Les' solo album.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I'm going to quote myself from a thread I posted in back in December.

If you liked DMV, pick up a copy of Pork Soda. Nature Boy, The Pressman, My Name Is Mud, all amazing tracks. Also, if you liked the tapping on DMV get the song "My Friend Fats" which also has a great tapping line.

If you liked Tommy The Cat and Jerry, pick up Sailing the Seas of Cheese or Frizzle Fry. Both of these albums contain some of Primus' original stuff.

If you are into metal bands, pick up The Antipop. They got more into the main-stream metal genre with this album, and all the tracks are really pretty cool. There is the 8 minute Eclectic Electric which tells a very good story. And the natural hamonics in the beginning are pretty cool. The song Lacquer Head was the one that got this album sold. Non-Primus fans loved this track. It got them into the Family Values Tour in '99.

If you like more melodic bass lines, pick up Tales From The Punchbowl. Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, Southbound Pachedyrm and Over The Electric Grapevine really highlight this album. It was recorded from behind a glass door (they played behind a sliding glass door and the mic was on the other side) so it sounds very original, and very cool.

The Brown Album contains some more... jazzy (for lack of a better word) elements. Shake Hands With Beef and Over The Falls were the two singles off this album. Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread is my favorite song. I have a show in which Les comes out with an afro wig and plays this bobbing up and down. Very cool. If you don't like the way Les sings, the vocals on this album are a little better.

Personally, my favorite tracks are:
Power Mad (off Antipop)
Golden Boy (off the Brown Album)
To Defy The Laws of Tradition (Frizzle Fry)
Too Many Puppies (Frizzle Fry)
John The Fisherman (Frizzle Fry)
Groundhog's Day (Frizzle Fry)
Welcome To This World (Pork Soda)
Sgt. Baker (Seas of Cheese)
American Life (Seas of Cheese)
Fish On (Seas of Cheese)
Mrs. Blaileen (Tales From The Punchbowl)
Lacquer Head (Antipop)

My favorite album is Frizzle Fry. Sailing THe Seas of Cheese is my second favorite.

Primus sucks!!!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
There was some guy in a local music store playing Sgt. Baker on one of those Peavy Cirrus things. So I went up to him and gave a good natured "Primus Sucks". He was one of the ignorant, and gave me this really wierd and angry look and muttered somthing about "pop **** you listen too" before stalking off. Every Primus thread, there is a similar reaction to this real life occurance. Let's cut it off early this time.

On topic, my favorite Primus songs:

To Defy the Laws of Tradition - Frizzle Fry
Groundhog Day - Frizzle Fry
Mr. Knowitall - Frizzle Fry
Pudding Time - Frizzle Fry
The Toys go Winding Down - Frizzle Fry
Harold of the Rocks - Frizzle Fry
Sgt. Baker - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
American Life - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Tommy the Cat - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Nature Boy - Pork Soda
DMV - Pork Soda

as you can see, I'm more into the demented metal feel Primus.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle

as you can see, I'm more into the demented metal feel Primus.

yeah i love that kind of primus though they have so much to offer
Sgt Baker, American Life, Jerry was a Race Car Driver, Tommy the Cat, Those Damn Blue Collar Tweekers, Fish on, To Defy the Laws of Tradition, Groundhog's Day, Too Many Puppies, Frizzle Fry, Pudding Time, Spegetti Western, My Name is Mud, Bob, DMV, Welcome to this World, Hamburger Train, Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats, Mrs Blaileen, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, Southbound Pachyderm, De Anza Jig, Over the Electric Grapevine, Shake Hands with Beef, Lacquer Head, Antipop, The Final Voyage of Liquid Sky.

but really, all of them.
American Life-my personal favorite
Anti-Pop-close 2nd
Puddin Time,Tommy the Cat,and all of his songs with the side project Bucket of Bernies Brains.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
WOOOOO! Primus Sucks!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
WOOOOO! Primus Sucks!

Yessir

The first time I heard that I got really upset... I didn't know what it meant

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by duncang
One Better, from Les' solo album.

oh wait. That's not a Primus song. k thanks bye
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!