Hey, this has probs been done a million times but neway:

Ive got a Fender Standard Tele and Kustom Solo 16DFX (sumtimes called KGA16...)
Anyway I find that the pickups on my tele are lovely and just me thing when played clean because I play a lot of blues. However, I also play punk and classic rock and the pickups cant really cope with that. Looking for an upgrade I found the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails and Hot Stack. I was wondering if anyone could comment on what hotrails sound like (in bridge posistion) clean? Do they still have that tele twang or are they completely different because I dont want to lose my current clean sound? Or should I just go for the hot stack which as far as I can tell is just a higher output version of the stock pickups?
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
I have a Hot Rails pickup in the bridge position on my strat but I prefer to use the single coils over it because I'm not a fan of twang. I like my clean sound to be very full and bassy. The cleans with my Hot Rails are very trebly so if that's what your going for, get it. Personally, I don't like the sound of 'em but each to their own.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
Hot Rails are going to sound nothing like the stock. It's going to sound more like a full size humbucker than a single coil. The sweetness of the cleans is definitely going to suffer.
Hi, I'm Peter
(Not threadstarter) So getting a HRs means sacrificing the "twang" found in the stock pup?
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo