Page 1 of 3
Well, the internet is void of any information regarding this...does anyone know anything about this yet? Who's on it? The last I heard it was going to be Satch, Johnson and Petrucci. Can someone confirm this...?
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Vai's not always on it, Satch is though...I really hope they do a world tour.
I'd rather have Vai than Satch but oh well :/ Johnson is good and Petrucci's awesome.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
vai IS always on it. i can't remember the last time he wasn't.

EDIT: every year except '98, and that was satch, michael schenker, and uli john roth. i would believe satch, and prolly vai or johnson, and maybe petrucci. dunno it exactly though...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Jul 25, 2006,
No Vai ISN'T always on it.

It's Satch's thing.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
And yes, it's true.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
ah, good. when do tickets go on sale?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Tom Martin
I thought it was a Japan only tour with Vai, Satch and Petrucci this year?

That was the last one. DVD and CD already out.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Bluh, I only know what I've been told, and if it's true, which I have been told it is, I really don't care a whole lot for this G3
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
yeah, but it's not awful either. i still think that satch, vai, and petrucci would make the best. go figure; all they did was japan.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
I dont feel like Johnson is well suited to the G3 tour. No doubt he is an amazing player with great tone, but his set is usually boring. Maybe he'd be right to open the show, but putting him between Satch and Vai was a big mistake in my opinion. G3 needs flashy players, and even though Johnson's chops are godly I dont think he brings enough energy to the show.

On a seperate note...

Satch said in Guitarist magazine that his dream line-up would include Eddie Van Halen and Jeff Beck. Now THAT would be a sick G3...
^^Jeff Beck and Van Halen with Satch would be weird, I can't imagine it personally.

I haven't actually heard anythign about it up until reading this, and after reading it I'm not all too bothered, when Gilbert does G3 is when I'll be uber excited.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Yeah, could be weird. But I really want to see EVH back in the spotlight (assuming he's still got the chops).

Plus how cool would it be for them to all jam to a VH song at the end??
Meh, yet another G3 I'll be passing on.

G3's been kind of boring for the past few years, at least imo. At least stop the Hendrix covers!
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
I never really liked any of them to be honest, 'sall a bit "been there, done that".

Click.
I'd love to go to this year's G3, but unfortunately it is only in South America. I never really cared to much for the jams, but I haveloved all the individual sets on the past G3s.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
I'll just wait for the Shawn Lane, Jason Becker and Marcus Paus G3 then...

*fingers crossed*

*very crossed*
oh boy Oh Boy OH BOY!
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Resiliance
Bluh, I only know what I've been told, and if it's true, which I have been told it is, I really don't care a whole lot for this G3

Well do share with us what you've been told . To be honest I'd love to see Satch, Friedman and Michael Romeo on the tour, but Michael Romeo doesn't have any solo stuff yet. Maybe Greg Howe? I heard Paul Gilbert refused the offer...He's the one best suited to be on stage with Vai and Satch (assuming Vai goes back).
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
I dont feel like Johnson is well suited to the G3 tour. No doubt he is an amazing player with great tone, but his set is usually boring. Maybe he'd be right to open the show, but putting him between Satch and Vai was a big mistake in my opinion. G3 needs flashy players, and even though Johnson's chops are godly I dont think he brings enough energy to the show.

+ 1

TBH I don't really care for Johnson too much.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Which G3 wasnt vai on?
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by redaxe
Well do share with us what you've been told . To be honest I'd love to see Satch, Friedman and Michael Romeo on the tour, but Michael Romeo doesn't have any solo stuff yet. Maybe Greg Howe? I heard Paul Gilbert refused the offer...He's the one best suited to be on stage with Vai and Satch (assuming Vai goes back).

Romeo does have 'solo stuff', actually. http://www.guitar9.com/thedarkchapter.html

Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
Which G3 wasnt vai on?

1998. http://www.satriani.com/G3/1998.html
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Dude Friedman, Satch, and Romeo would be epic.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Batio, Satch and Yngwie would be funny though...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Tom Martin
I'll just wait for the Shawn Lane, Jason Becker and Marcus Paus G3 then...

dude that would be a bitchin G3 if marcus paus finally decided to show his face and he went on stage and pretended to play while using a backing track then it starts to skip

the millie vinnilie of guitar virtuoso

and then jason becker rolls on to stage and gets up out of his wheel chair and starts to play that would be great

i dont know what to say about lane i guess they could find an impersonator and lie about his death

damn im stoned
Quote by madpickin03
Batio, Satch and Yngwie would be funny though...

Oh god, could you imagine what those jams would be like? Satch wouldnt be able to get a note in...
Quote by redaxe
The last I heard it was going to be Satch, Johnson and Petrucci. Can someone confirm this...?

I think I was the first to post that. It's in Eric's tour listings on his site.

As for you all saying Eric isn't suited to a G3, I don't agree, but I'll leave it at that. I do agree that the Hendrix covers have to stop, there's plenty of other stuff they could do.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
I think I was the first to post that. It's in Eric's tour listings on his site.

As for you all saying Eric isn't suited to a G3, I don't agree, but I'll leave it at that. I do agree that the Hendrix covers have to stop, there's plenty of other stuff they could do.

Yeah, the Hendrix covers are a bit much.

And I dont think Johnson is bad by any means. Infact, I think his phrasing and tone are the best out of the three during the jams. But his set is another story. Although I havent really heard much of him anyway, so maybe its just his perticular song selection that's turning me off.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Yeah, the Hendrix covers are a bit much.

And I dont think Johnson is bad by any means. Infact, I think his phrasing and tone are the best out of the three during the jams. But his set is another story. Although I havent really heard much of him anyway, so maybe its just his perticular song selection that's turning me off.

He has plenty of energetic songs, just not on the set on the DVD. I'd suggest you do look further into him.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
The last one was sick. I hope Petrucci is on again. I have the Live in Tokyo DVD and they're all really great on it. The jams at the end kinda suck though. Having 3 of the most respected and talented guitar virtuosos play a crappy ZZ Top song is pretty degrading.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by malmsteen61
dude that would be a bitchin G3 if marcus paus finally decided to show his face and he went on stage and pretended to play while using a backing track then it starts to skip

the millie vinnilie of guitar virtuoso

and then jason becker rolls on to stage and gets up out of his wheel chair and starts to play that would be great

i dont know what to say about lane i guess they could find an impersonator and lie about his death

damn im stoned

Shawn Lane is dead?!?!
Are you kidding?

Click.
I actuallz also think that Eric Johnson is pretty well suited to G3. He is in my opininion the best at blues/rock out of anyone thats done G3 (well at least the ones that've been filmed) so he should be the most comfortable during the jams cus almost all the songs are blues/rock songs.
yeah, most of them are. he'd totally die on a song like smoke on the water, though. and his tone wouldn't help it at all.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
I just don't like his playing that much. Plus I don't like his "perfect" tone either.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Page 1 of 3