Hi there ppl
i was thinking of buying a B.C Rich Mockingbird
the shape is rly cool, but my dealer has to order it so i can't try it
has anyone ever tried it?
also, theres a BC rich 5 stringed bass with a cool shape and a price lower than 650-700 buks? thx
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Dont buy a bass based upon looks, period.

you can choose a nice bass that happens to look good to you, but there are way too many basses with crap quality/parts/etc. that just sell because they have a "cool shape" or "wicked color" etc.
I've heard over and over that BC Rich is crap unless you drop big bucks on them. And Manga is right, buy a bass based on sound, feel, quality, durability, and all that jazz.

If you buy a bass that looks "rly cool" well...there's just so many things wrong with that I don't know where to begin. How about...here..

-You're main concern is looks, not sound-go join an 80's hair metal cover band
-You could easily get ripped off and buy a crappy bass for nothing, or spend a lot of money on a crappy bass
-Usually if people buy instruments for looks, chances are they will drop that hobby quick because they aren't interested enough to keep it up, so you've blown 700 dollars.
-It could sound awful
-It could fall apart (not literally...I hope)
-It could play awful

Basically, play it, and listen to it, then decide.

Please.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
I've heard over and over that BC Rich is crap unless you drop big bucks on them. And Manga is right, buy a bass based on sound, feel, quality, durability, and all that jazz.

If you buy a bass that looks "rly cool" well...there's just so many things wrong with that I don't know where to begin. How about...here..

-You're main concern is looks, not sound-go join an 80's hair metal cover band
-You could easily get ripped off and buy a crappy bass for nothing, or spend a lot of money on a crappy bass
-Usually if people buy instruments for looks, chances are they will drop that hobby quick because they aren't interested enough to keep it up, so you've blown 700 dollars.
-It could sound awful
-It could fall apart (not literally...I hope)
-It could play awful

Basically, play it, and listen to it, then decide.

Please.

heya i know i dont buy it only for the shape but dave ellefson uses it so it should be good don't you think? anyway i'll sure try it before i buy it i'm not a retard!
Anyway, do you know which is the Steve Harris (the Iron Maiden bassist) bass???
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Quote by metallaro
heya i know i dont buy it only for the shape but dave ellefson uses it so it should be good don't you think? anyway i'll sure try it before i buy it i'm not a retard!
Anyway, do you know which is the Steve Harris (the Iron Maiden bassist) bass???

i see 2 parts in your post that say otherwise (dont take that too seriously dude)

1) Just because an artist that is respected uses it dosn't make it good by any means. ever.

2) A fender p-bass. They also made Steve Harris Sig p-basses for a little while too i think... but yeah if you want that sound and look and everything its a P-bass all the way. (short for Precision, in case u dont know)
Paolo gregoteleoefergrhgrgwetgwreg of trivium uses mockingbird basses.
he has two custom shop models and two NJ series.. and listening to him live and on record.. his tone is pretty disguisting. but, each to his own...
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
Paolo gregoteleoefergrhgrgwetgwreg of trivium uses mockingbird basses.
he has two custom shop models and two NJ series.. and listening to him live and on record.. his tone is pretty disguisting. but, each to his own...

don't make up a last name if you don't know it...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
but, while on the subject, has anyonem played any B.C Riches, cause personally I think they look pretty sweet, and would definitely consider trying one out...what do you guys think of their tones?
I picked on up once in a shop and played it for a few minutes.. the tone wasn't actually that bad, but the feel was horrible and they look like **** to me
Quote by pink chili
don't make up a last name if you don't know it...

don't make a post if there's no point in it...

I know it, I just can't spell it.

"paolo gregoletto"

there we go.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2