is there anything wrong with doing that? right now i dont have any strings for my acustic but a have a set of heavy/lights and im wondering if it would sound alright or if it would stay tuned. also i have beenc kinda wanting to do that so i can bend the g string and solo better and easier on acustic. so i was thinking of maybe putting heavys on so the g string would have a better fit in the nut. so is there anything wrong with this? i remember a asked my school guitar teacher if you could and he said not to but he never realy told me why.
I think its ok, I had some GHS's and D'addrios that said acoustic or electric, but it only said it for the g,b, and high e. so I dont think it might be good for the e,a and d. It might be ok though, just make sure its the same gauge as the strings you had on your acoustic.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
well thats why i thought of using heavys. the heavys at my store are the same as regulars i think for acustic.
the electric strings would eat up the nut and the frets a lot sooner, i think. One of my friends put electric strings on her guitar, and the strings are really loose. i dont know if thats cause theyre electric or not.
well im pretty sure most acoustics use .012's cause I went in my store and asked for a pack of acoustic strings not knowing my guitar used .012's he just gave me them. so if your strings are any close to .012's I guess it'll be fine, but like the other guy said prob will sound a little weird.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
My uncle has always done that... he has had his acoustic for a decade or so I think and plays great.
Eh, it'll sound like crap, basically.

Unless you put a higher gauge, like 12 or so on there. Even then, it'll only sound a bit less crappy
My God, it's full of stars!
yeah you can definitely do it, but that doesn't make it a good idea. i'm not sure but i don't think it will hurt your guitar at all. i would definitely say that it isn't going to sound very good though. if you want to be able to bend more easily and solo more easily, you should practice. putting electric strings on your acoustic is a crappy solution, imo.
I do it when I have a show and a string breaks right b4 but that?s only with B and High E maybe G But it doesn?t Sound as good with a hole set...If you use 1 or 2 strings most people won?t notice. It never has done anything to my guitar so I don?t think its bad?but don?t take my word on that.