I had saved up a bit over £200 towards my new amp.
Then...
A guy from my dad's work said I could have his Laney AOR 30 watt combo for free.
So I have £200 to spend. Any suggestions (pedals, pickups etc)?
I play 80's thrash, heavy metal, power metal, prog rock, and a bit of ska.
Can anyone recommend me stuff to buy?
And yes I will be sure to do soundclips when i get the amp.

thanks
Vox Valvetronix. You can use some of the effects on the amp. They aren't bad for build in effects.
Quote by timi_hendrix
What guitar do you play?

As far as effects go, I'd suggest a delay and/or phaser.

I play an Ibanez RG1570, so no need for a new guitar.
What phaser and delay do you suggest?

Quote by jmac72187
Vox Valvetronix. You can use some of the effects on the amp. They aren't bad for build in effects.

Well seeing as i'm getting a free amp I have no need for a vox valvetronix. They have unsatisfactory metal tones anyway.
Quit bumping your thread. Oh, I mean: please.
Quote by korinaflyingv
What phaser and delay do you suggest?

I'm most familiar with the MXR phaser. Not the EVH signature one, though (slap on a guitarists' name and the price skyrockets), but the regular one's pretty cool. Phase 90, that's what it's called! (had to look it up to make sure)
As far as delay goes, I haven't much knowledge in that field. I know that the Digitech Digi-Delay or whatever exists, and that it is in fact a delay pedal, but apart from that I can't be much help. Sorry.
have you got the amp yet? if not, wait till you get it, then you'll see what you need to improve- you may need to get a boost pedal, or hotter pickups, for example.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?