well at our local guitar store theres a Marshall MG 100 DFX, or whatever its called, brand new for 200 dollars. is this a steal or what?
Yes it is a steal, they steal $200 out of your pocket for a crap amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Just don't get it. It isn't a good amp at all, I wouldn't take one if it was free.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
i donno what universe you live in, but i dont have a job, and saving up "another 600" is a pretty damn big deal.
Quote by rancidrancid142
i donno what universe you live in, but i dont have a job, and saving up "another 600" is a pretty damn big deal.

Vox AD30VT
Roland Cube 30
Both priced under $300.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
It might me a good deal if you plan on buying, then selling for a profit, but by paying any money for an MG, you're being raped.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If I were buying it to resell, and I had a sucker on the line, I'd buy it.

Buying it to play, probably wouldn't waste the time and effort.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I agree with what others been saying about buying it, then selling it for a profit.

Buy it for 200, and then sell it to some n00b for 350-450, who wants to get a marshall for the sake of it being a marshall. Thinking that it will give him the tone that Slash, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wyldes and others get with their plexis, and JCM 800s.

and with that money you earned from selling that amp, you can get yourself a decent amp like a Vox Valvetronix, Roland Cube, or a used tube amp, or a new one.
^Good luck.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by rancidrancid142
thats a good idea, im gonna get it and **** someone over and sell it for 300. see ya

Wow. I bet you qualify for the Nobel Peace Price.

They ARE that bad. I have an MG50DFX and it's pretty damn bad. Bad sound quality, bad effects, extremely unreliable sound, loud fan, BUZZING...I could go on, but I'll spare you.

As for you buying it and selling it to someone else just to make a quick buck, that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do to anyone.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Wow, Xenn, that's a change of pace!

Did it crap out in the last week or so?
Quote by Xenn99

They ARE that bad. I have an MG50DFX and it's pretty damn bad. Bad sound quality, bad effects, extremely unreliable sound, loud fan, BUZZING...I could go on, but I'll spare you.

As for you buying it and selling it to someone else just to make a quick buck, that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do to anyone.

Didn't you love it a few months ago?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
meh, not smart to intentionally "try" to screw someone over, you usually end up getting screwed over yourself. If you're planning on using eBay, I would check the completed auctions, I saw a used one go for well under $200 recently.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
they are not so bad that 200 bucks for a 100 watt amp with effects ( no matter how bad) isn't a decent deal...

they are not good amps for the price... it's true... i wouldn't spend 200 bucks on the 30 watt model...

but you knock them below the price of any other solid state amp... and they're not horrible for practice

note... practice...not gigging..not trying to get an amazing tone.

Lets face it... that's cheper than the Crate 100 watt... cheaper than the peavey 100 watt... cheaper than everything but the behringer 100 watt vtone...

yes... it's a decent deal....

yes... MG's suck
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
My calculator sounds better...................., wait a minute, i dont have a calculator!
What a deal!
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Quote by Xenn99

Glad you've seen the light
Quote by Four Symbols
Don't buy it... you'll kick yourself later... save up another 600 or so and get a JCM 2000 DSL 201 or 401 combo

Man, I just played a 401 today in guitar center and it was orgasmic. Great cleans and that awesome Tube Marshall distortion.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by Danno13
^Wow, Xenn, that's a change of pace!

Did it crap out in the last week or so?

Pretty much. I don't know if my ears have suddenly "developed" or what, but I've really started to notice problems with it. Bad, unreliable tone, loud fan, digital sounding effects, and that incessant buzzing with the gain over 3...I could go on.

Quote by edwardthegreat5
Didn't you love it a few months ago?

Key phrase right there. I'm upgrading ASAP.

Quote by CodySG
Glad you've seen the light

Yeah. It's a Christmas-in-July miracle, huh?

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
MGs are amazing. I say go for it, you won't find a better amp for cheaper. Ever. Period. End of story. All Marshalls own. Its got a pretty prestine clean channel and the classic Marshall crunch you hear in your head on the dirty. Plus it has neat effects you can you to spice up your songs or solos. They're really nice amplifiers. Built like tanks too.
Quote by electrik
MGs are amazing. I say go for it, you won't find a better amp for cheaper. Ever. Period. End of story. All Marshalls own. Its got a pretty prestine clean channel and the classic Marshall crunch you hear in your head on the dirty. Plus it has neat effects you can you to spice up your songs or solos. They're really nice amplifiers. Built like tanks too.

Sarcasm doesn't travel well over the net. I suggest you clarify yourself before the flame squad owns you.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by electrik

He's playing a 5150 through a Mesa, so I'm guessin' it's sarcasm.

Right?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by Musicman48858
they are not so bad that 200 bucks for a 100 watt amp with effects ( no matter how bad) isn't a decent deal...

they are not good amps for the price... it's true... i wouldn't spend 200 bucks on the 30 watt model...

but you knock them below the price of any other solid state amp... and they're not horrible for practice

note... practice...not gigging..not trying to get an amazing tone.

Lets face it... that's cheper than the Crate 100 watt... cheaper than the peavey 100 watt... cheaper than everything but the behringer 100 watt vtone...

yes... it's a decent deal....

yes... MG's suck

Why would you need 100w to practice with? O.o
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
Why would you need 100w to practice with? O.o

Why not?
Because nobody wants to hear a 100w cranked MG.

Except you. :O
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Xenn99

why is it every time a regular goes around saying "mg's aren't as bad as everyone says" that about a month later they have a total change of heart? it happened to preid, and now it happened to xenn...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Because they ARE in fact as bad as everyone says, and the poor people that buy them realize this and start to hear the bees..........
I'd buy it for that price and resell for more on ebay.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Sarcasm doesn't travel well over the net. I suggest you clarify yourself before the flame squad owns you.

Electrik IS the flame squad.

::type
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I think that the MGs are overly flamed, they do suck, but they are cheap, and it's not Marshall's fault that they are idiots that think they rule!

And why does everybody kepp saying by a DSL/TSL??? Most over rated amps ever to me....