that says

eq in / no label / eq auto

i've figured out that eq in means that the eq sliders are activated. the middle selection which is unlabeled is eq off. but when i flip it to eq auto, it produces another tone different from eq in, but still the sliders adjust the tone as well.

what's going on with eq auto? i would think that the term auto would mean that the 5 bands are pre-set internally in some way. but the sliders are still affecting the tone. it's defferent from eq in though

i hope this question is making sense
I don't know what model you have, but I have a mark IV with the EQ, and it has a 3 way rocker. For mine, the EQ on mean's it's on for each channel, the EQ out(middle) means it's off for each channel, and the Auto R2 on means it comes on automatically when you select the R2 channel.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I don't know what model you have, but I have a mark IV with the EQ, and it has a 3 way rocker. For mine, the EQ on mean's it's on for each channel, the EQ out(middle) means it's off for each channel, and the Auto R2 on means it comes on automatically when you select the R2 channel.

ok, mine's a 50 cal. so if you're playing in the r2 channel (what ever the heck that means), and you've got it in the eq position, your eq is turned on. this is the same for mine. when you switch it to the eq-auto, remaining in r2 and not fiddling with the sliders, does it create a different tone? cuz this is what mine does.

i guess, is there a difference in tone between the eq-in and the eq-auton selections?