EDIT: The Link is up and working now.
Last edited by RonJon at Jul 25, 2006,
wow, that was interesting. You're take on the guitar was, well you seemed to have problems getting the chords off clean. It has a different feel from the original. The vocals are a mess. I don't know who you're trying to impersonate but you need to use your own voice and find your own style, it sounds like you're doing a comedic impression of someone else singing this song.

edit: dave mathews, it sounds like you're making fun of dave mathews.
Last edited by tygo at Jul 25, 2006,
the guitar sounded fine at first, and then when the vocals came in...well...it ruined it. it sounds like you were groaning rather than singing. in any event, work on the vocals and your chord changes.
to be totally honest you sound like your trying to impersonate a singer, try using your own voice, if thats not it, but the guitar started shaky, then the slow strumming seemed alright, it just sounds like the recording was a little rushed, but what kind of mic you use for the vocals, pretty clear sound, i think yuo can do better than this from the sound, id try taking your time and rerecording
The guitar is different but it works during the verses at least. The vocals seemed a bit strange, I'd be surprised if that was your natural singing voice. If it isn't, then focus on your own vocal style and don't try to distort it into something else. I will give you credit for changing the feel of the song into something a bit more upbeat, it is important to incorporate your own style in your songs.
The guitar sounded fine to me, very different from the original, however, the vocals are a different story. You sounded... um... constipated. If that was your attempt at trying to sound even remotely like Ben Gibbard, well, you failed, and quite miserably at that.
Yo this is my friends account. Let me first start off by saying that it was never meant to sound anything like the original....i dont like to do covers that sound like the original.....and yes that was my singing voice (im a bit nasally right now since i have allergies). I have only heard the song twice and it was a first attempt, quickly recorded cover. Thank for you for all the responses.
the vocals sounded like you were trying to make fun of someone.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

dude the vocals are like jack black singing as the demon in tribute. gnarly.