i noticed that the zacky vengeance custom guitar has to duncan jb's in it, why would you have 2 of the same pickups at the same time, is it because when you select both pickups on the switch, does it do like double time or something?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
It's not that uncommon to have the same pickups in the neck and bridge... almost every ESP LTD comes with the 81/81 combo..
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
well maybe it's his favorite pickup, and where it's placed does make a difference in the sound, and using two at a time would also make a difference.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Doesnt the place that the pickup is located effect its tone? Like the neck pickup is warmer than the bridge?
I originally had a JB and Jazz in my Schecter C-1 classic but I actually took out the Jazz and put it another JB
it does make quite a difference with the middle selected
a very nice tone imo
yeah the pickup is nice i would understand i just needed to know why you would want to unless there is a difference where you place the pickups on the guitar .....keep the answers flowin
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Yes, it does make a difference with the position of the PUs. Neck's softer/warmer, Bridge is harder/brighter.
21st Century Digital Boy
Quote by ias05
yeah the pickup is nice i would understand i just needed to know why you would want to unless there is a difference where you place the pickups on the guitar .....keep the answers flowin

Probably to cater more towards a particular style.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer