I dont know much about baritone guitars. Ive looked up stuff on google but jus cant find what im lookin for.
I wanna get one to play some heavier stuff with a group of guys that i just started playing with lately.

I thought about getting the Ibanez MMM sig. but i dont know.
Any tips on choosing one?
the neck is longer, which allows u to tune down your strings without having them too loose, also the longer scale gives you lower notes
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
thanks
So im leaning towards the MMM still. which is Mike Mushok i do believe
any other thoughts on different baritones?
they're made for low tunings. If you play low almost all the time, you should get one.

and if they're short a bassist, get a seven-string baritone.
A Les Paul Baritone would be sweet.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Ok looking at the MMM they said the standard tuning is ADADGB thats nuts.
ive never even heard of it hah :l
Last edited by GuitarStrings12 at Jul 25, 2006,
I had a mm1 mikes guitar... its ok, not what i thought it would be i sold it to help pa for my amp... its a cool guitar, but its acually kinda tough to get a really good sound out of it... comes tunes to A or somethin i cant remember, but if i was to get one id get the mm1 seems to be the best one out there... hope this helps u man... STAIND is this ****
i hear the les paul studio Baritones are pretty decent
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I really like the agile baritone thats on rondomusic's website, but they only seem to have left-handed ones available at the moment for some reason.
That is a weird tuning. I think normal tuning for baritones is BEADGB, or sometimes just EADGBE but an octave below. Fender baritone guitars (they make... two I think) are BEADGB
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
ADGCEA is my preferred tuning for a baritone

It's between a bass and a guitar, so there is much more oomph and ungh.

lol

but yea, they kick ass.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
That is a weird tuning. I think normal tuning for baritones is BEADGB, or sometimes just EADGBE but an octave below. Fender baritone guitars (they make... two I think) are BEADGB

woah a baritone can really handle EADGBE a whole octave down? thats basically a basically a bass.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Dont think my guitar is a baritone it was giving to me as a gift it a company ive never even heard of "ION Guitars" But with the strings i got on it which gauges @ 13,17,30,36,46,56 a mixture of Erine Ball 7 strings regular and Erine Ball STHB's and i can Tune at BEADGB perfect b/c i play a lot of Coal chamber songs, i also tune @ BF#BEG#C# as well. @ one point i got down to ADGCFA but that was the braking point and it did hold to much but i got to Standard for 7 strings.
dude this thread died in july^
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.