In the market for a guitar... And there are no guitar shops around here.

- Metal guitar with EMG hz4's, 81/85 or 81/60 config.

- I dont want a floyde rose, I dont want dotted inlay. ANYTHING but dotted inlay. No inlay at all is cool if it has inlay on the binding.

- I like jacksons, there isnt a jackson i didnt like besides RR's. King v's and warriors are sweet. I hate RR guitars.

- Fender necks are a bit thick but its nothing i cant get used to and i herd ESP/LTD's are the same way. I dono about esp/ltd's.. they are to popular.

- I Hate les pauls and want to stay away from gibson, epiphone, squire and ibanez's altogether because i hate them all. Herman Li ruined ibanez for me... I dont want anything to do with him.

- I had a Dean and wouldnt mind having another one.

- My budget is 400 american and im getting it off ebay.

. . . . I tell you what i do like but its to much money.

I am in LOVE with this guitar, seriously. its like my dream guitar. That same colour and everything.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Last edited by Andrewsonfire at Jul 25, 2006,
Seems like you made your mind up already on a guitar you want, why are you posting here..... Your options are very limited, oh yeh and HZ's suck.

Even though you dsont like ibanez, im going to suggest one....... Ibanez RG 521, fixed brigde, EMG actives....

Or a Schecter Hellraiser

NVM - I forgot about your budget.... With that budget, id recoomend any jackson off ebay with emgs, and a decent wood. even tho HZ's suck dick.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Seems like you made your mind up already on a guitar you want, why are you posting here..... Your options are very limited, oh yeh and HZ's suck.

Even though you dsont like ibanez, im going to suggest one....... Ibanez RG 521, fixed brigde, EMG actives....

Or a Schecter Hellraiser

I like emg hz's. alexi laiho uses hz's
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
^ Yes, and laiho also has like a $20,000 rig. Im quite sure thats just a marketing tool for HZS, i bet if he had the option, he would use actives.

HZ's suck, IDC if laiho uses them or not. Like i said, within your budget, you prolly gotta settle for a low end jackson with HZ's.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Yes, and laiho also has like a $20,000 rig. Im quite sure thats just a marketing tool for HZS, i bet if he had the option, he would use actives.

HZ's suck, IDC if laiho uses them or not. Like i said, within your budget, you prolly gotta settle for a low end jackson with HZ's.

hz4's are active
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
hz4's are active

Are they really? Why HZ then?

I'd look for a used DKMGT if I were you.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
HZ's are most certainly NOT active.......
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe

Yeah, considering how EMG claims they are passive, I suppose we should trust them on it. Laiho sigs have this in them, and it's by no means active..
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by ClassicAxe

if you mean they need a 9v to be used then yes they are, i have a set on my jackson i have. and they are awesome.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
if you mean they need a 9v to be used then yes they are, i have a set on my jackson i have. and they are awesome.

Your DKMG uses the battery for the afterburner (push-pull gain boost pot), not the pickups.
Quote by pifty
Yeah, considering how EMG claims they are passive, I suppose we should trust them on it. Laiho sigs have this in them, and it's by no means active..

thats what i've been saying "EMG HZ4's"
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by pifty
Your DKMG uses the battery for the afterburner (push-pull gain boost pot), not the pickups.

icic. I use a solid state amp, its not like it matters. Im fine with teh ones i got the gain is awesome.
Quote by t.t deville
Yup, Looking for a metal guitar.

wow this doesn't look familiar.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Sapple Pass
wow this doesn't look familiar.

haha very funny
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
icic. I use a solid state amp, its not like it matters. Im fine with teh ones i got the gain is awesome.

Mm, valveking isn't solidstate, even if it sounds a lot like one.

I still say you want a DKMGT. Just like your Jackson, but a string-through, and it even looks nearly like the X50 you've shown bar the headstock.
Quote by pifty
Mm, valveking isn't solidstate, even if it sounds a lot like one.

I still say you want a DKMGT. Just like your Jackson, but a string-through, and it even looks nearly like the X50 you've shown bar the headstock.

been meaning to take that valve king thing out of there. I just baught a whamy pedal.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by OldRocker
You want a metal guitar? Here you go.

http://www.veleno.net

... that is ... ill stick with my jackson thank you very much though.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
... that is ... ill stick with my jackson thank you very much though.

You mean you can't afford $8995.00?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
You mean you can't afford $8995.00?

WTF! 9K FOR THAT? LOL! i was going to say it looked like a peice of ****
Quote by t.t deville