I've looked on the site but I can't find Dimes pedals, but is there any way to get that "Cowboys from Hell" tone without going over $150? I'd expect it to be his custom pickups, but I know he didn't use them back then.
Dickless.
ive never tried it but the dime distortion may work well

or if you already have a high gain solid state amp then just get a bill lawrence L- 500 XL or whatever pickup he used in the bridge
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

turn the treble to 12 and break the knob off. turn the mids to negitive 20, and the bass to 8.

have a solid state amp, and either a bill lawrence L-500xl or duncan JB pick up.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Maybe Dimes sig. pickup and/or distortion pedal?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
f**king get'cha pull boy!! and just load up sum Destroying kik a*s "DIMEBUCKER'S!!" such a great tone!!
frm PaulC i got dimebuckers by the way best purchase ever!! plus i play cowboys from hell and im broken in a metal band. getcha pull..
Ibanez s520ex
BOSSME50
Digitech Death Metal pedal
Marshall MG100wattDFX
--------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by justpaul666
f**king get'cha pull boy!! and just load up sum Destroying kik a*s "DIMEBUCKER'S!!" such a great tone!!
frm PaulC i got dimebuckers by the way best purchase ever!! plus i play cowboys from hell and im broken in a metal band. getcha pull..

do not listen to him

get the bill lawrence pup. solid state amp turned bout 1/4 - 1/2 volume. treble as high as it will go. mids about 9 o'clock. n bass kinda high (not sure but i think dime had his low but the bass filled it out by playin the exact same as the guitar)
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I've looked on the site but I can't find Dimes pedals, but is there any way to get that "Cowboys from Hell" tone without going over $150? I'd expect it to be his custom pickups, but I know he didn't use them back then.

Hey brother....honestly he changed his tone constantly but, it isn't too rough. I dialed it in today using an mxr ten band eq through the front of my Carvin mts 3200 with an epi g400. but, best way is to use an ml (Dean) through a randal and scoop the mids alot but, leave some....like a 2 on the mids knob
Quote by diesect20022000
Hey brother....honestly he changed his tone constantly but, it isn't too rough. I dialed it in today using an mxr ten band eq through the front of my Carvin mts 3200 with an epi g400. but, best way is to use an ml (Dean) through a randal and scoop the mids alot but, leave some....like a 2 on the mids knob

yeah, i take it back on the mids...that one he had a bit but, shouldn't be quite as high as nine. Yeah, from my thoughts the dimebucker is a redesighned version of the bill lawrence pup just made by duncan and they paid Dime a butt-load of cash to use them....so supposedly they are about the same just the dimebucker is 4x's as expensive.
Quote by diesect20022000
yeah, i take it back on the mids...that one he had a bit but, shouldn't be quite as high as nine. Yeah, from my thoughts the dimebucker is a redesighned version of the bill lawrence pup just made by duncan and they paid Dime a butt-load of cash to use them....so supposedly they are about the same just the dimebucker is 4x's as expensive.

sadly dimebag sold out. *waits to be stabbed*

he has a ton of guitars with his name which isnt to bad because he used them and designed them. he has the dimebucker which he didnt use in pantera n he got paid a ****load of money to use. n he has the dime distortion when he used the randall warpigs distortion (he might have used it in damgeplan but i dunno)

not as bad as some people i guess....and im a huge dime fan so dont hurt me