Is a Les paul okay for jazz? What would be some good pickups to put on it for Jazz/Metal?
It works for Les Paul.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Les Paul was a jazz player, so it would certainly be great for jazz.. idk about pickups tho, i dont know too much about electronics n stuff
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by StaggHound
It works for Les Paul.

lolz, but Les Paul was a more bluesy jazz player.

If you want strict jazz, then go for an ibanez artcore, they're good semi hollow bodied guitars for a reasonable price. I myself have a Hammer Echotone, and love it to death, good luck finding one of those though lol.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by modestmouse9191
lolz, but Les Paul was a more bluesy jazz player.

If you want strict jazz, then go for an ibanez artcore, they're good semi hollow bodied guitars for a reasonable price. I myself have a Hammer Echotone, and love it to death, good luck finding one of those though lol.

It'd work for ligher jazz, maybe a cooler 'bucker in the neck or bridge, depending on taste.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I use my Les Paul Classic with a 496 in the neck for jazz. It is high output but you can get a smooth sound if you wanted to. It works for metal too. Also the bridge pickup is very hot, so its also good for metal
wat about those hums in a schecter c-1, the one with the vine of life inlay, i heard it has seymour duncan jazz hums or something like that. Would that be good?