Jazz and metal stereotypically feature two completely different sounds. Did you want one for one duty, one for another?
Hi, I'm Peter
huh can you get pickups that versitile?
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Quote by rockr09
what's a website that i could get them at?

I got mine from eBay. If you don't want to buy them there, shop around, you'll find them. They are pretty common.

Also, to potential doubters, the SD Jazz is the stock pickup in a lot of Jacksons featuring a neck humbucker. This includes the Randy Rhoads V. Dave Mustaine also employs this pickup.
I didnt know if there was any pickups versatile for both so.... wats a good combination for metal/jazz then?
Seymour DUncan Livewires apparently do the job pretty well. Mabye you could try the classic livewire model.
please dont tell me you mean jazz core... but yea i agree with the first reply
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
No its not that i mean jazz core, if that exists.... but im gonna try to join the high school jazz band and i play metal too so yeah...
I think you should get one pickup with alnico 2 magnets for the neck and a pickup with alnico 5 or ceramic magnets for the bridge. There are a lot out there, so it's really just a matter of doing your own research. In what country do you live and how much are you looking to spend?
Hi, I'm Peter