ok well my g-string keeps dropping out of tune after i start playing and its really hard to keep it in tune for more than 5 mins....i know its not the strings placement on the pegs cuz i wrapped it with most of the string intacted and if it were slipping it would be off by now

so would it be a tuning peg problem? any troubleshooting ideas?
Quote by Beansontoast
Hey in brief im looking to build and install a hand lotion dispenser on my guitar, but im not sure how to go about this, has anyone here any experience or knowledged on the subject?
have you recently replaced your strings?
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
nope...not for a while but this is a constant problem for about 3 packs of strings now
Quote by Beansontoast
Hey in brief im looking to build and install a hand lotion dispenser on my guitar, but im not sure how to go about this, has anyone here any experience or knowledged on the subject?
new strings
END
keeps happenign to me
fortuneatly ic annot be arsed to buy soem new ones
i learn to tune nby ear
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

I have a guitar with this problem. It's probably cheap tuners or possibly a tremolo bridge with weak counter-springs.

Both things (spings and tuners) I plan on changing on that guitar soon...
I find the g string is the worst for detuning, maybe check the nut to see if the string is getting caught there as that can cause problems
Quote by RadioMuse
I have a guitar with this problem. It's probably cheap tuners or possibly a tremolo bridge with weak counter-springs.

Like this bloke says!

Or buy some pants! Get it? Thanks, I'm here all night, woo hoo!
my teacher said that when you play an E major Chord in the first Position. Or anything with the G sharp on the G string it makes the G string sound sharp because your so close to the nut and your putting pressure on the string and straining it a lot instead of just shortening. Also if you use light gauge strings they will go out quickly i think. Thats my theory anyway.

Hope i helped.
Johnny wishes he was famous
spends his time alone in the basement
with Lennon and Cobain and
a guitar and a stereo.
Tighten you tuning key.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by RadioMuse

New strings go out of tune easily...... mine take about a week t o stop doing it but hten again, i dont have ajob its summer vacation and well i pretty much play my guitar for most of the day.....

Cheap tuners just take longer to recieve the signal.....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Get new strings, like Mr. WhatsHisFace said. Oh, and NEVER EVER get Stay In Tune (SIT) strings. Those are the absolute worst. Generally, (although cheap) fender and Ernie Ball make good strings.

Jason A.
unscrew the tuning peg from the back of your head, take the back part off and you will see a screw, just tighten it and it will be harder to twist, and also untune.
Quote by Ulfe
Terribly sorry but...

Maybe I'm retarded .

teeheehee g-string *cackle*
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
what type of guitar? what type of bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh yea, if this helps, when i try to tune it up, it makes a "ping" sound.....
Quote by Beansontoast
hmm ok, type of guitar, type of bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ibanez RG120 with a normal tremelo bridge
Quote by Beansontoast
well g's are always the hardest to keep in tune.

is the bridge level? or flush wt the body?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yes no problems there but im thinking that it has something to do with that pinging sound i hear when i try to tune it...it only happens to that string
Quote by Beansontoast
well thats usually an indication that the tuner is "slipping." and needs to be changed.

just hoping we could compensate. save u some money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

damnmit, i was hoping that wasnt the problem....oh well, i could deal with it for a while i guess
Quote by Beansontoast
try stewmac.com maybe u can order a new set. tuners arent hard to swap out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

When you tune is the string flat and then when you tune it, does it ping then go sharp? If it does i'm guessing the string is getting caught in the nut.
I thought that ping sound was when the nut was slipping not the tuner, I may be wrong tho. But take a pencil and draw in the nut groove to get some graphite in the slot.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
more likely that the string is slippinn On the nut. not that the nut is slipping.
and its getting cause there because the gears in the tuner arent strong enough to keep the tuning stable.

lubing the nut cut with graphite can help a little, so can a better winding technique, and a level bridge. but usually, if its clicking and out of tune in a few minutes, theres some sort of mechanical problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

u can try switching the tuners between the G and D strings and see if the D string is slipping. that way u can be sure if its the tuner or something else.
good idea ill try this right now
Quote by Beansontoast