can ibanez guitars play blues or are they for metal only? im asking mostly about the rg series because i like them the best.

im asking because i want a versitile guitar and i like the looks of ibanez.
i guess it can, but i dont think it would sound too great though,its mostly a metal/rock brand, try fender strat, they can play rock, and some good blues/jazz, if you really want blues try a hollowbody, they play ok rock, but good blues
I play blues with my RG...
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
HAHAHA!! I just find it funny how no one hasnt mentioned the Artcore series, you know, the Ibanez guitars that are DESIGNED for jazz/blues!!!

Last edited by JerrySeinfeld at Jul 25, 2006,
HAHAHA!! I just find it funny how no one hasnt mentioned the Artcore series, you know, the Ibanez guitars that are DESIGNED for jazz/blues!!!

Well he did kinda say he was only talking about the RG series.
Quote by DehumanizeR
I usually don't but it works fine

Me neither but for occassional blues jams it works quite fine, huh.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
You can play blues on anything.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
artcore = sexiest blues guitars known to man. Not to mention that they play hard rock suprisingly well. of course, blues can be played on anytihng.
Dickless.
I play blues on my RG all the time. It's all about tone, and most of your tone comes from your amp. If your amp doesn't get a good blues tone, get a different amp/mess with your settings (try the "lick of the day hot blues settings". Bass and Middle at 4, Treble at 6, with light distortion, see if that sounds good for you.)
You can play blues on anything. Blues is about feel, and like cowboyup said, tone comes from your amp. Just play a hot slow blues lick on any guitar through a fender tube amp and it'll sound like a hot slow blues lick.