i really wanna learn some slide guitar so i can make use out of this slide i bought a while back for no reason at all i was thinking of more bluesier stuff

got any ideas? i dont really listen to blues too often but i do respect i like the guitar style....any songs i should learn?
Quote by Beansontoast
Hey in brief im looking to build and install a hand lotion dispenser on my guitar, but im not sure how to go about this, has anyone here any experience or knowledged on the subject?
You might be better off asking this in the Blues & Jazz section. But I beleive Allman Brothers Band make good use of slide.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
start with the oldstyle blues stuff - robert johnson, son house and blind willie mctell

you might wanna check out howlin wolf, muddy waters and bb king aswell

and definitely look at the white stripes back catalogue; theres some brilliant covers of slide guitar classics in there, like death letter and your southern can is mine

seven nation army (even the solo) is played with a slide, interestingly enough
If you play Twisted Sister's 'Burn In Hell' backwards, you get a message telling you to go to church and pray every sunday.
+1 for Allman Brothers, great slide in there and another plus for Robert Johnson and Son House etc.

Ever listen to Rory Gallagher, pretty good slide in there to especially on the live albums, thats when he really let loose.

The easiest way to get a feel for slide is in open tunings.(IMHO)
Try some De Stijl era White Stripes. Death Letter, Little Bird, and Sister do you Know my Name? all make good use of the slide.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Are there any good websites or books I can look at to help me with open tuning, such as the different chord shapes and scales? I am going to get a bottleneck soon too and have always wanted to learn about open tunings
The problem with slides is the songs are often in alternate tunings. I would suggest you learn "Rollin' and Tumblin'." Rory Gallagher used standard tuning for most of his slide stuff I beleive.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Allman Brothers have some songs tabbed out. Most of Duane's stuff will be in open-E tuning.

I've said it once and I'll say it a hundred times: Statesboro Blues. Awesome slide stuff if you feel like tuning to open-E.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
the first slide song i learned was wlakin' blues, the eric clapton version. i think its a pretty good start.