I hear people mentioning this alot..what is the action of the guitar? (i get it, I know nothing about guitars, please refrain from such needless comments)
The height of the strings in relation to the fretboard.

If the strings are close to the fretboard, the action is considered low, raising the action would be making the distance between the strings and fretboard greater.
alright...does this make difference in tone or anything? what would be recomended for metal, hi or lo? How would i go about changing the action on a floyd rose bridge guitar?
Quote by deformity
alright...does this make difference in tone or anything? what would be recomended for metal, hi or lo? How would i go about changing the action on a floyd rose bridge guitar?

I don't think action directly affects the tone, except perhaps in relation with pickup height, but that again, is adjustable. Whether or not the action is high or low is completely dependant on personal preference, but for technical reasons you wouldn't want the action ridiculously high or low. Perhaps, if you were playing slide guitar, you'd want the action high, or a shredder might prefer a lower action which requires less effort to fret a note.

Follow this tutorial to adjust the action on a double locking trem: http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/action.htm
IMO a low action is what is suited for metal and heavy rock... it's a lot easier to play faster solos with low action. Usually people use that, but then it's all a matter of taste and of how much you feel comfortable. Try rasing it, lowering it and see how you like it, but also remember to check the pickup height. The nearer the pickup is to the string, the more it'll pick up the sound of your strings, and it'll be easier to play fast solos and get a powerful sound that's usual to metal. But if they're too high the sound will be muddier on cleans and also the string could hit the pickup while you fret them on higher frets and you won't hear the note at all. In a few words, try different setups until you feel comfortable and get the right sound with ease