I looked around and haven't seen any threads talking about them! Although now they aren't really metal, they used to be some of doom's best.
My favorite song is A Dying Wish, which i'm working on learning right now. If anyone happens to know it i could use a hand with one riff.

So ummm what's everyone think of the band moving from metal to....whatever you would call what they are now? I like both
Hm, it seems that not many people like Anathema that much, which is weird coz theyre one of my favourite bands. I think a dying wish is awesome as well, but unfortunately I cant play it properly either. As for the change in style, I love doom metal, but I really love their new stuff and I think its great that they move on and develop their style
Quote by alexa_4912
Hm, it seems that not many people like Anathema that much, which is weird coz theyre one of my favourite bands. I think a dying wish is awesome as well, but unfortunately I cant play it properly either. As for the change in style, I love doom metal, but I really love their new stuff and I think its great that they move on and develop their style

I'm sure they do like them, just didn't see the thread or something. Good band tho.
I met them last week, two of them just walking down the street. They're cool guys in a very good band.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by alexa_4912

I'm tabbing out parts of the song myself, if your ever interested you could IM me or PM and i could send them to you.
I picked up Silent Enigma today.. amazing stuff, reminds me of early Katatonia. Easy to see how Primordial and even Akercocke picked up influence from them.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.