A friend of mine came to visit from Amsterdam and he brought over a Yamaha acoustic guitar that he had purchased used with a hardshell case for about $60USD.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of Yamaha it was and all I can tell you was that the neck was thin as hell just like an electric guitar and it was too good to be a Yamaha

Well, anyways, if anyone knows WTF I'm tlaking about, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

Thanks in advance!

PS [My friend currently doesn't have the guitar with him since it got lost during his flight ]
also forgot to mention that I realllllllllly need to find out what kind of guitar that was. I simply fell in love with it
The Gear:
  • Ibanez SCA220BP
  • Fender CD100-12 (12-String Acoustic), Satin Finish
  • Line 6 Spider II 112 Combo w/Foot Pedal
Just check Yamaha.com.
This 'too good to be a Yamaha' doesn't cut it. These people were mass producing musical instruments when Gibson and Martin were attending kindergarten, so they know how to make good, cheap guitar.
On the other hand; $60,- for a guitar and a hard case doesn't seem realistic to me. Is it perhaps a used guitar, or has your friend made some error converting dollars to euro's?
well, i found out what it is.. its a Yamaha F-310. now to find where they sell it lol. thanks for the help....
The Gear:
  • Ibanez SCA220BP
  • Fender CD100-12 (12-String Acoustic), Satin Finish
  • Line 6 Spider II 112 Combo w/Foot Pedal
Quote by cgibin
A friend of mine came to visit from Amsterdam and he brought over a Yamaha acoustic guitar that he had purchased used with a hardshell case for about $60USD.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of Yamaha it was and all I can tell you was that the neck was thin as hell just like an electric guitar and it was too good to be a Yamaha

Well, anyways, if anyone knows WTF I'm tlaking about, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

Thanks in advance!

PS [My friend currently doesn't have the guitar with him since it got lost during his flight ]

erm too good to be a yamaha? yamaha's are perfectly good, i really like them.
I HAVE AN F 310 I LOVE IT, although it is supposed to be a beginners guitar i really do think it is really good quality and has a great sound so i wont bereplacing it anytime soon