hey...damn its been forever guys...maybe since im asking questions ill hang around here a bit more.

Ok so to the questions, wondering some stuff about building a Ukulele. First...what is a good thickness for the top? (soundboard is it called?...I cant even remember, damn its been too long). also what about the back and side thickness? also if someone has information about soundhole placement and how it affects Tone/Sound could they fill me in? ive forgotten wayyy too much and cant really spend the searching myself like I used to be able to. As well as that, if someone has any input on a bridge for a ukulele feel free to share.

Edit: Is the wood that the kerfing is made out of going to effect the sound of the Ukulele at all...or is stiffer stuff harder to work with but better in the long run or what?
Last edited by russiaininvader at Jul 25, 2006,
hello??? this is ultimate-GUITAR. u should try posting this at ultimate-UKULELE.com

PF: Warned
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
duuuude....dont **** with the invader
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
they are like $19.99 on mf!!!!
By the way BP, They are as much like guitars as basses are!!!!
No one bitchs about bass stuff!!
Last edited by pinkhaze29 at Jul 25, 2006,
Quote by pinkhaze29
No one bitchs about bass stuff!!

I do, I do....basses suck... just kidding i play bass too.

but maybe you should talk to Cord about it. hes a real good acoustic builder maybe he could give you some pointers. just a thought tho.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
A thickness i've seen is 3/32nds for top backs and sides, but i think anything in that ballpark will be ok. The bridge is pretty much the same as a classical just smaller.
Be sure to post your build when you do start. I'm building a uke soon, i have the stewmc plan so if you need and measurements just ask.
thanks but no thanks..im drawing some stuff up myself for plans. looks pretty good but its only in its infancy...i think im getting sick though so if thats the case ill sit around and draw some full sized stuff up today and maybe post it up here. oh **** nvm worked just called and i gotta work the next three days and then sunday so maybe this wont be getting done for a while. actually one measurement would be kinda nice...what does the widest part of the body measure in at? thanks guys
I've got a book on dulcimer stuff. Maybe that will have some info you need.

Want me to dig it out and check for you man?
thanks bro...i dont want to tell too much about the project...once i start working ill bring up some pictures and all the details...good to know about that width though...i was worried the piece i have was too small but it should be just right expect another Russian War Machine in a matter of weeks guys