ok so i can play machine gun live by hendrix but i need to know how he keeps the bend held so long when the solo starts... he bends 17 and u can hear it for like 15 seconds, when i do it it lasts for like 3-4 seconds
its called sustain my boy, you need better gear.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
wow only 3-4 seconds ur gear must suck
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
since you don't have a guitar that sustains as well you can do either (or both) of two things: lower your action or give the string a little vibrato while its bent
yeah, i got a pretty crappy axe and my amp is not excactly an amp for playing the solo's i play so I know whatcha mean man.
Play Slammer by Hamer, lookin' for a epiphone les paul for cheap. love rock. My band name is PULSE. it's sweet.
Quote by Godmode 0N
ok so i can play machine gun live by hendrix but i need to know how he keeps the bend held so long when the solo starts... he bends 17 and u can hear it for like 15 seconds, when i do it it lasts for like 3-4 seconds

use 3 marshall 100 watt super leads all hooked up to each other and run your strat through a univibe and fuz face.
The fuzz face will give you lots of extra sustain, and just use some feedback. Feedback means standing close to a cranked amp.
Quote by Godmode 0N

Compressor, sustainer, and better gear.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Feedback.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
go to the microphone and try to make the sound wif your mouth use the guitar as the dummy.