Anyone here own/played a Madison? I've been browsing amps and came upon them some time ago, but I've never heard much about them. How well do they do high gain? Or cleans? Any help would be appreciated.
i know spynal has a Solace (SS) and loves it, but thats all i know...
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/brand/Madison
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I thought spynal had one. I checked the reviews on HC and they went from 10/10 to 1/10, so I probably won't use that site as a reference.
ok. which one were looking at? the divinty?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
from what I remember, there was a mess at HC where that JerryC amp tech guy took a Divinity, and cracked it open to fix a switching issue with noise. What he discovered was it was a bad design that wasn't copied correctly off the TSL. Apparantly it was basically another Marshall TSL clone, right down to the circuit boards and layout. I guess a couple of the controls weren't even connected, just pots poking out the faceplate that didn't do anything. From what I heard, they started removing them in later models, but had to use up the original faceplates with the extra controls, according to them. Also, I guess most/all of it is made overseas, and just put in the chasis here and labeled American made. I don't know all the exact details, but a lot of guys stopped liking them after that. There are a couple huge threads over there if you want to read through them. This is the info I could get from it. It's funny though, everyone said they sounded great before, and after everyone heard this, they were all of a sudden selling cheap on ebay, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
lol....you want to know about Madisons huh? Haha... long story.

Basically, there was lots of hype about them, everyone loved theirs, and one day, JerryP (Not Jerry C, Jerry C is the asian canon rock guy) opened one up, there was duct tape holding **** together, and it was built cheaply, and they had basically copied the design of a Marshall TSL (it doesnt sound like one though). In any case, the value of the amp basically cut in half overnight, and everyone started hating and selling. There were a few people that kept their Divinities, and they do sound good, but by now even those last few guys with them have sold them.

They actually have nice tone though, and now that they're cheap, its actually quite a good buy for a low $ used high gain head, but don't tell anyone I said that .
^
yeah, that was him, JerryP, haha. I got JerryC on the brain from seeing him way too much. Thanks Electrik.

And I agree, I thought the clips of it sounded really good. I went hunting myself on eBay after that whole thing in hopes of getting one cheap. ::type

Quote by El Codyo
Thanks Erock, I'll go look on HC. And yeah, I'm looking at the Divinity.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 25, 2006,
make sure the presence control is wired

Madisons have a horrible rep, I think they sound decent though...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

what electrik and erock said, +1.

I haven't tried them though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?