Staind is coming to my town on September 22nd, and I'm debating on whether or not to pay money to see them. I don't think they'd be really good live, and Aaron Lewis just seems like he'd be a really boring frontman. Has anyone ever seen Staind live, and what do you think? Is it worth the money to see them?
r u tlkn about at pikeville??
my gear

*fender fat strat and tele
*gibson les paul deluxe
*ovation tagent

*peavey classic chorus with 2 celestion red rockets
w/ an old 60's gibson column

*digitech df-7
*yamaha magicstomp
I saw them when they came to Huntsville, AL back in June. It definetly wasn't a disappoint. If you're imagining that Aaron Lewis doesn't move around much during the shows that's true. To me it was worth it though. If you get to watching him though you can see the pure emotion during the songs. To me that made up for it, was just a rather powerful performance. I can't remember the entire set list but it was mostly their harder stuff, with Devil and Outside acoustic thrown in torwards the middle. If you've been a fan of them for awhile I'd definetly recommend it. If you don't know many of the songs or have only heard mostly singles I don't know how much you would get out of it though.
I have all of their albums, so I know all of their songs. Thanks for your review, TroyN.
I saw Staind at the Rolling Rock Town Fair in 2004, and it was one of the most boring show I've seen. Aaron Lewis just wandered around the stage and the bass player didn't move at all. Mike Mushok was the only one moving, and since he wasn't using in-ears, he was stuck in front of his monitors. Musically, they weren't bad, but they were visually boring. To be fair though, they went on right before Disturbed, and everyone was there to see Disturbed. Staind's albums are good, but I wouldn't pay to see them again.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
^I hate disturbed that little ****er of a singer sucker punched my idol david grohl for no REASON! I heard their cover of sober live it was ****in awsome.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I wish I knew what you were talking about. I didn't know anything happened between David Draiman and Dave Grohl.

Quote by Merge
I wish I knew what you were talking about. I didn't know anything happened between David Draiman and Dave Grohl.

yup david draiman suckerpunched david and supposively knockerd him out for no reason! Hes a little prick if you ask me.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Where did you hear that?? The only fight I know about that involved Draiman is the fight he and Dan Donegan had with the guys in Finch.

I saw Staind last month with Three Days Grace and Hurt. I haven't really heard alot of their stuff, but live they bored me. I understand that I'm not a huge fan of them or anything, but it just seemed like they were doing the same thing over and over.
Gear
Left-Handed Schecter C-1 Stealth
Left-Handed Fender Standard Strat

EHX Little Big Muff
Boss DS-2
EHX PolyChorus

Orange Rocker 30 Head

Next Purchases:
Quote by Mattb720
I saw Staind last month with Three Days Grace and Hurt. I haven't really heard alot of their stuff, but live they bored me. I understand that I'm not a huge fan of them or anything, but it just seemed like they were doing the same thing over and over.

I saw that exact same line up and both three days grace and hurt blew staind out of the water. Staind is a band that is good musically but dont equal up to a good performance.

Do you know who is opening?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'd sig that, but I don't sig things. Therefore, this entire post was unnecessary.

Slap a n00b
Dude u gotta b kidding me... I'm not even a huge staind fan but i saw them at Memphis in May. They blew me away. They are much heavier live and have an amazing light show....u gotta go!
Quote by calej1753
Dude u gotta b kidding me... I'm not even a huge staind fan but i saw them at Memphis in May. They blew me away. They are much heavier live and have an amazing light show....u gotta go!

Their newer music attracts more preps and more preps=less moshing
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'd sig that, but I don't sig things. Therefore, this entire post was unnecessary.

Slap a n00b
Yeah, the best shows are the ones where all the guys there are either little scrawny kids getting their asses kicked or big huge guys who will help you crowd surf and pick you up in the pit.

Nice people rock
im a huge fan.. and ive met them like 3 times lol.. and out of like probly 18 songs they play 12 of them are the Old heavy stuff.. and people still mosh.. there sick live.. And your right^^^ the light show makes it even better.. whats it like 30 bucks to go, I cant get ticktets to see them In new Hampshire In mass cuz it sold out.. Im pissed!
Quote by nicq2005
I saw that exact same line up and both three days grace and hurt blew staind out of the water. Staind is a band that is good musically but dont equal up to a good performance.

Do you know who is opening?

Same line-up I think. Although I heard Hinder was the opening band, not Hurt. Of course, it could be a mistake on my local website.
He may not move much

But after watching Aaron Lewis live, you will see that he is te best singer in rock music today

tell me im wrong
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
I heard crossfade was going to open.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
He may not move much

But after watching Aaron Lewis live, you will see that he is te best singer in rock music today

tell me im wrong

Very good singer but not the best
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by StaindFan420
im a huge fan.. and ive met them like 3 times lol.. and out of like probly 18 songs they play 12 of them are the Old heavy stuff.. and people still mosh.. there sick live.. And your right^^^ the light show makes it even better.. whats it like 30 bucks to go, I cant get ticktets to see them In new Hampshire In mass cuz it sold out.. Im pissed!

That includes stuff from Dysfunction and Tormented too?
Live hard, party hard, work hard.
Quote by JackalSlayer13
That includes stuff from Dysfunction and Tormented too?

Yea good amount from dysfunction.. only song they play from Tormented is Break.. which is pretty cool live.. good stuff from BTC.. And some 14SOG.. overall if you listen to them and have a few of their Cds you will ike the show..