ok heres my go at the solo and ending (shortened) of Stairway to Heaven.. its by no means perfect, but i thought it was pretty decent.. missed a few notes but overall its ok..

http://media.putfile.com/Stairway-To-Heaven-75-55

feedback is appreciated... and lemme know if the link doesnt work

EDIT: BTW, this is all me playing, i recorded each guitar part seperately and laid them over each other.. just a side note

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
not too bad, a few parts of the solo were a bit off time to the background music, one such part is the first instance of repeating bends. i always found this part of it tricky for some reason when playing it and it kind of fell off the beat a bit. there were a couple other parts that had this same problem. I also wasn't a huge fan of the notes used to lead up to the solo, i don't know, it could be that i play it wrong and you're doing it right, but it didnt really have the same buildup feel. liked to tone of the solo guitar and the quality of the recording was pretty good. Parts of the solo were played really nicely, perfect speed and style.
Quote by tygo
I also wasn't a huge fan of the notes used to lead up to the solo, i don't know, it could be that i play it wrong and you're doing it right, but it didnt really have the same buildup feel.

which notes? the chordsbefore the solo kicked in? im pretty sure those are right.. i played the pattern slightly differently, but im almost positive those are the right chords

if thats even what u meant

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
yeah i just meant the intro chords. i usually hear it as a D chord with the e string open then 2 then 3, it sounded a bit like you were just strumming a D without playing around with the e-string (just leaving your finger on the 3rd fret down there), having listened to it again it wasn't as noticeable but still seemed off, especially the second time you play it (9 or 10 seconds into the song).
Last edited by tygo at Jul 25, 2006,
oo yeah i know what u mean.. yea i just strummed it, i didnt play around on the E-string.. i might try to make a more accurate recording later.. i was kind of hurrying on this one

Quote by richwatkinson
Nice, one thing i would like to comment on though, it may be just me but i dont neccesarily think the tone of the rhythm guitar sounds quite right, like it is too trebly or something, but other than that very nice.
Quote by BadKarma
Nice, one thing i would like to comment on though, it may be just me but i dont neccesarily think the tone of the rhythm guitar sounds quite right, like it is too trebly or something, but other than that very nice.

mm yeah i thought that too.. i put on a little chorus effect to attempt to replicate the 12 string sound.. i think it had too much chorus and a little too much reverb.. or i maybe should have used both pickups instead of just the bridge... o well ill make a better one eventually

Quote by richwatkinson
I'm pretty sure that they were unless he's referring to a live version dude... IDK, can't really give it a "loud" listen (don't wanna disturb my whole house tonight lol...), but it overall did sound good. Nice job.
pretty good compared to me
Quote by primusfan
...to be honest, we tried so many different weird positions I can't remember exactly the set up...
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
oo yeah i know what u mean.. yea i just strummed it, i didnt play around on the E-string.. i might try to make a more accurate recording later.. i was kind of hurrying on this one

It kinda makes a big difference

D sus 2 - D maj - D sus 4

But otherwise, a solid job. A couple tips, first, turn down the distortion a tad. Second, I'm not sure if you played that part right with the pull-off bends on the 13th fret (lol you know what I mean).

Anyway, keep up the good work.
the link is broken now, I don't know if you care but i say it anyways
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
um yeah im pretty sure it does^^

Quote by richwatkinson