Hey subway gigs here i was wandering how do you know whether youre straining with your hand or just simply getting tired.

i have a hunch my hand gets tense about 45 min of practicing
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
i would've thought that strain is more painful then the feeling of being fatigued and tired. I guess that's your difference right there.
Your hand should never get tired or tense.

If your hand is getting tired after 45 minutes of practicing, you're doing something wrong, buddy. Your hand is probably tense from the moment you pick up the guitar, 45 minutes later you can feel it.

I know this will go in one ear and out the other, but visit www.guitarprinciples.com, buy the book and get rid of the tension.
your hand NEVER gets tired? is that possible? my arm gets tired just from elevating it a few feet high... it also mean you NEVER get fatigued, Im guessing if you make any movement with a muscle no matter how much of a movement it is youll eventually get fatigued.
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
Last edited by subway gigs at Jul 26, 2006,
If could be because your straning your hand. Just try and relax your soulder and arm. Be loose.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
umm..that doesnt relaly answer the question..

Tom Stoppard
just stay relaxed. it solves everything.
seriously, if people would just relax, there would be world peace
Its our curse that makes this world so hopeless,
Allowing our king to spread his genocydal wings...
well if you just stared playing then yes its going to be tense if you been playing alot and moving your fingers but just strech your hands out or something when that happends.
My Equipment:

BC Rich Mocking Bird
Peavy EXP Raptor
Hohner Acoustic
peavy Amp
Marshell Amp
Digitech Effect Pedal
Bad Dog Distortion Pedal
Ok, so I read the thread, and will actually answer the OP's question.

I usually feel fatigue after I play for a long time, but do get strain when I'm stressed and not paying attention. I can tell by when I strech my hand and do things to limber it up, if there is pain then, it is stressed, if there isn't your hand is just fatigued.
I feel fatigue if the song requires a lot of movement up and down the neck in the form of chords, otherwise I haven't really felt it.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
Quote by Trivium05
just stay relaxed. it solves everything.
seriously, if people would just relax, there would be world peace

That also doesnt answer the question

Quote by eddievanman
well if you just stared playing then yes its going to be tense if you been playing alot and moving your fingers but just strech your hands out or something when that happends.

Thanks but i know that already, you spontanious person.

Quote by TheWhat?
Ok, so I read the thread, and will actually answer the OP's question.

I usually feel fatigue after I play for a long time, but do get strain when I'm stressed and not paying attention. I can tell by when I strech my hand and do things to limber it up, if there is pain then, it is stressed, if there isn't your hand is just fatigued.

THANK YOU your the only one that answered the question, well the second guy kinda did too. Geez... its hard to ask questiosn about strainging without some guy telling "you you messed up since the begigining and buy the book give us money now! im a paid advertiser! yeah baby"

Tom Stoppard
Last edited by subway gigs at Jul 27, 2006,
You don't have to be such an ass, they arn't paid advertisers. They're just trying to give you info on how to stop straining, even if you know it's strain you still might not know how to make it go away. Relaxing is, more or less, the key to solving all tension.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!