ok, i'm wondering hw you would go about playing eruption....

i know the basics about tapping, but with 1 hand, and i'm 15, so my hands aren't that small, eruption seems unthinkable.

I know this probably isn't original, but could i use the index of my right hand to play the highest not, then pick to the lowest, then hammer to the middle, then hammer with the index of my right again?
Basically a 2 fingered tapping....

VanHalen is my fav. band and i'm dying to play Eruption, but 1 handed it seems impossible, and i have decent speed 2 handed.

Also, can u check if my tab is reliable, somebody

www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=187120

Thanks
~Jukebox Hero~
ok, is it alright, or is it a good idea to play eruption with both hands??

and will u look at the tab
its not that hard... u just gotta get used to it... wut i do is i just keep my left index finger on the lowest note, then i hit the highest one with my with my right index finger(the index is easiest, but u can use any finger, whichever your comfortable with), then i after i hammer on the highest note i pull off of it and then hammer onto the middle note with my left ring finger( you can use your pinky if thats easier for u)... so ya its not that hard u just gotta get used to it
Eruption is a bitch to play.

I'm 15 myself(almost 16).

I learned how to play Eruption about 2-3 months ago, but learned the tapping about 6 months ago.

It's really not that difficult. You hold the lower string with your first finger, and use either your ring or pinky(whichever you're more comfortable with) to hammer-on or pull-off the higher string, and of course use your first or middle finger of your picking hand to tap.

But remember, when tapping, it's not just to tap it, to make it sound like Ed, you kinda got to make it like hammering and pulling off, but with your tapping finger. Get the movements and how to tap right, then try Eruption.

GOOD LUCK AND COMMENCE THE ROCKING!
yes that tab is reliable that is the same 1 i used. I really dont see why u would need to play the tapping with 1 hand because its impossible unless u can stretch 7 frets and play one in the middle. (ex: the beginning of the tapping 9p2h5)
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
mainly, the question is how should i go about learning eruption, and also does eddie us 2 hands? just curious
yes eddie always uses 2 hands heres an eruption video the crowd goes frickin crazy when he starts the tapping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFOkZS8OE8&search=Eruption
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
ok, so i'll try it, and i guess it doesn't seem as hard as i thought it would be, just building speed is the tough part i think
i'm downloading the tapping video, the steal this video one, and i'll watch it, then i'll just play and play and play to build speed and muscle memory.
yea i watched that its very easy and its a cool lick to learn but its taping 2 notes at a time not 3 and u need to learn how to tap 3 at a time to play eruption
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
thanks every1, i'll see what i can find out, then i'll post more tomorrow.

10:00 here, and 7 is gonna come early (work)
i havent seen a video for 3, but i just learned the PickNGrin Steal this video with 2 notes and when i tried 3 it was a lot easier
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3