Hey guys. I am going to be buying my new sz shortly. I heard that the 06 sz's are bad. (something about them not having a maple top or something) I'm just curious about the 06 model. Should i get it or not . Also, the sz520 is only 100 bucks more and it has a maple top, maybe i should look into that? Thanks!
Go try it out, it wont be "Worse", it wil just have a different tone, slitghty warmer tone.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
The 320s never had a metal top...right?

I don't believe the 320s have changed at all.

EDIT: MAPLE! Maple top...not metal, lol
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Last edited by invisible_man at Jul 25, 2006,
the SZ320 from 05-06 is solid mahogany. you can do one of two things, get a old/used SZ320 from 03-04, or just get the SZ520. personally i dont like any SZ made after 04.
Quote by invisible_man
The 320s never had a metal top...right?

I don't believe the 320s have changed at all.

the 03 and 04 SZ320's had maple tops. the 05 and 06 ones are solid mahogany
AH ok, sz520 it is I tried it out at a store and really liked it. Ill try the sz320 as well, but im leaning towards the 520. Thanks!
Quote by jasonsol
AH ok, sz520 it is I tried it out at a store and really liked it. Ill try the sz320 as well, but im leaning towards the 520. Thanks!

yeah the 520s are cool, same as the old 320's but more glam, flame inlay at 12th fret and quilted maple top.
yeahh
looking back on it
i should have waited and bought the 520 at the store
Sz's are great, its just they keep retiring the finishes every year or so and adding new ones. Really why the hell can't they just have a bunch of colors.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?