i wanna play a song and it says the tuning should be:

E4
B3
G3
D3
A2
E2

what is this tuning and how would i tune my guitar like this??
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
you mean EADGBE? thats normal tuing...i dunno about the numbers...usually that means the string on tuners itself but thats just wierd
Quote by Beansontoast
Hey in brief im looking to build and install a hand lotion dispenser on my guitar, but im not sure how to go about this, has anyone here any experience or knowledged on the subject?
lol that was the point of the question...
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
thats standard. the numbers symbolize the octave that is played. make sense?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by SpIkE27Z
well, that's retarded.

No its not, for guitar it pretty much is, but piano its not.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by SpIkE27Z
well, that's retarded.

Apparently, you don't understand the importance of octaves. And to the above posted, apparently you don't understand the importance of octaves to the GUITAR. I'd be willing to wager that 99% of the music you listen to plays octave chords in almost every song. Twelve frets in an octave. It draws the line between the two E's, and all of the strings in between. The entire standard tuning is between two octaves. That is, with the exception of a seven string. If octaves are so useless, try tuning your guitar up twelve steps. It's still in EADGBE, right?
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
lol, yes I've played violin for 4 years. what's an octave? I've never seen octaves in reference to numbers...

I'm really the last person you need to explain octaves too, I just didn't teach myself guitar through looking up tabs online, or trying to find out how to turn differently..so I've never seen that.

OMGZ LEIK HOE DEW U TUNE TO LEIK D?!
/11/
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

in the world of ERB's it is quite common to see octaves reffered to with numbers.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
well, generally you don't go tuning your entire guitar a whole octave up or down
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

That'd be normal tuning. The numbers are just the octave the note is in.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.