Ive been looking at the standard tremolo Bridge at warmoth and was wondering if that would be all id need to install on an Sg as far as the bridge goes, like if there were any other accesories i may need to get
I'm not sure, I was wondering the same thing for when I get my Ibanez Iceman bass, hope it works out for you.
wouldn't your have to route the body for the tremlo to fit.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
you can get a bigsby or one of the bigsby ripoffs on stewmac

i dont know where you can get the vibrola ones like on the 60's custom sgs, angus sgs, daron malakian's, etc...
if anyone knows where to get those hit me up
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Yeah, tricky. SG bodies might be too thin for certain types of tremolos.

I'd say the Bigsby is the best bet.
or a stetsbar
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
You could go OFR or the like, those work on even the thinner bodied guitars (ibanez S series for example). Lot's of routing though...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
stetsbars are kool cause u dont have to drill any holes or anything, or u could get like a bigsby
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Well on warmoth it shows this Trmolo that wiulkl fit an Sg i think but im still not sure how it would go on
holy crap those stetsbars are cool. how well does it hold tune?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
So, one of the kahlers would fit an SG, sry this is the first time ive tried to put a guitar together
Yes, the Kahler should fit without any problems. Just remove the bridge and tailpiece. The unit should slide into the tailpiece posts. I used one of these on an Epi SG back in the early 90's. Very stable and returns to pitch very well.
imo, i would say go with a Lyre Vibrola tailpiece like the Angus Young SG. i think those make the boring lines of an SG look pretty good.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Question about kahlers: I was thinking of putting one on my SG as well, how does this compare to a Floyd Rose?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
kahler KILLS floyd rose

strings stay at the same height when you bend so that they dont flop around as much when you go down, and dont get much higher going up

palm muting doesnt alter the pitch
no routing
easy installment, especially on a guitar with a stop tailpiece like this sg
headstock string lock goes BEHIND the nut, no string guide bars and choice of any nut material
special pushdown string lock lets you lock/unlock strings quickly and without an allen wrench (tune to drop d quickly)

only con is that its about 200 more for the kahler+nut
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix

/runs
What no routing??? Wow. How does it get installed? Do you still have to drill holes?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

First, ask yourself, "Am i gonna spend $350 on a kahler?"
Quote by Gnod
First, ask yourself, "Am i gonna spend $350 on a kahler?"

Point taken.

Quote by S0ulja23
What no routing??? Wow. How does it get installed? Do you still have to drill holes?

Not with the stetsbar.. it uses the holes from the old bridge.
Quote by wilty00

Everytime you mention your bridge it makes me jealous

And what you said then sounded like some QVC person. "having to rout and drill for your new tremolo? Not with the Stetsbar.. it uses the holes from the old bridge"

Anyway, it looks like a real nice trem, and I really want one.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by wilty00

Just saw the pic of your SG with the stetsbar

What model is it?

"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Quote by S0ulja23
Just saw the pic of your SG with the stetsbar

What model is it?

Gold plated with black powder base...

Quote by wilty00
Gold plated with black powder base...

I mean the SG

dont forget about skippertipper
that would work on an sg, probly stay in tune better if you got a roller bridge along with it

well i might sound like some kahler dealer but not much difference from the stetsbar

other than not drilling 2-4 holes and the vintage look, kahler beats stetsbar with 6 way saddle adjustment, adjustable tension, and better harmonic transfer

bassicly, if you play metal, get a kahler
anything else, stetsbar
Quote by EZLN libertad

/runs
Last edited by powerage225 at Jul 29, 2006,
Bigsby - suited for minor subtle vibratos, need to drill holes
Kahler - some prefer this, some prefer FR, your choice, routing still needed, but considerably less than FR.
Stetsbar - your best bet. not sure about the range and everything else though..
I've heard you can dive pretty well with a stetsbar, better than Bigsby.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jul 29, 2006,