Can anyone give me any tips on how to write guitar parts that are kind of hip hopish like the roots?
Look at Rage Against the Machine or funk guitar. Also, do alot of muting and stacco notes.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
hey i got your back on this one man. i am the only guitar player in my band and given that fact, its my responsibility to be versitile and give the band a good layout yanno. look at the bands given already. also just listen to some hip hop and tab it out for yourself and see what scales things are in and just how its composed.
Try some Sublime.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Look up Gym Class Heroes, you probably won't be able to find much in the way of tabs by them since they aren't very well known but they are a hip-hop and have an actual band.
There's quite a good lesson in the lesson section on how to play funk guitar, which is really what guitarists who play in hip-hop bands are doing. Also, check out the hip-hop callaboration Santana did, "Maria Maria." Flamenco or other Latin-influenced grooves and soloing accompanying hip-hop can sound pretty good.
Hi, I'm Peter
Also, its pretty cliche, but if you have a wah pedal it helps.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.