hey anybody goin to that clapton concert at mohegan sun in CT. im goin it should be pretty good, robert cray and derek trucks are gonna be there too.
goin to boston one
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Hey, I'm more of a lurker than a poster here at UG but yeah I'm going to both Mohegan Sun shows. Can't wait!
Yup, to say I'm looking forward to it is a gross understatement.
cool man, did u get good seats? this concerts gonna be so good! oct 6th the countdown begins!
**** I wish I could go, Clapton tix are expensive. Plus they were sold out when I checked the site.
You really got something to look forward to. I wen to a show in Denmark yesterday, and frankly i wsnt expecting much, as Claptons gotten a little lame in is older days IMHO. Bu the concert was absolutely AMAZING. Derek Trucks was part of the back-up band, and his playing was simply fantastic. Miles ahead of Clapton. Only argue is that they only played one cream song(crossroads).
Hmmmmmm
Quote by psycadelicart
cool man, did u get good seats? this concerts gonna be so good! oct 6th the countdown begins!

I got pretty good seats since I was on a budget (college, you know). I'm in the upperdeck both nights but thankfully that Arena is small so there really isn't a bad place to sit in there. I'm sitting in the same section for these shows as I was for Willie Nelson back in May so I know its going to be good.

And I can't wait to see Derek Trucks. I've seen Clapton already, back in 2004 but this time this band looks reallly great which was the big selling point to me.
Quote by Thokk
You really got something to look forward to. I wen to a show in Denmark yesterday, and frankly i wsnt expecting much, as Claptons gotten a little lame in is older days IMHO. Bu the concert was absolutely AMAZING. Derek Trucks was part of the back-up band, and his playing was simply fantastic. Miles ahead of Clapton. Only argue is that they only played one cream song(crossroads).

No Badge? Aww man. Oh well, the show in St. Louis should be awesome still.
Well, most of this tour, from what I've heard, is going to be showcasing songs from the Derek and the Dominos "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" album, so you probably won't get much (if any Cream).
This has been Clapton's setlist for most of the European tour...the only differences are one or two song changes here or there:

Pretending
So Tired
Got To Get Better In A Little While
Old Love (with Robert Cray)
Everybody Oughta Make A Change
Motherless Children

sit down set
Back Home
I Am Yours
Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
Running On Faith

After Midnight
Little Queen of Spades
Let It Rain
Wonderful Tonight
Layla
Cocaine

Encore
Crossroads (with Robert Cray)

recently he has switched So Tired for I Shot The Sheriff and dropped Let It Rain in favor of Further On Up The Road (I love Let It Rain ).
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by BrainDamage
(I love Let It Rain ).

Me too. Its my favorite Clapton song. I'm praying that he plays that song at the Mohegan Sun shows. When he opened his 2004 shows with Let It Rain was one of the best moments of my life. Hearing him play that song was just fabulous.
yea ur right man theres nothin bad in mohegan sun im up top too in 126 i think. you got the 85 dollar tixs too?
Quote by psycadelicart
yea ur right man theres nothin bad in mohegan sun im up top too in 126 i think. you got the 85 dollar tixs too?

Yup! 85 bucks for me. I'm in 115, its a great spot.
yea man those are good, i just checked mine again there isnt even a 126 im in 114 right next to your section. cool man, hopefully we could move up if there are empty seats! which i doubt but itd be cool lol
Yeah I doubt that could be pulled off. Knowing the security in that place then taht really cuts down the chances. Well it should be a good show nonetheless.
Quote by mike26
Me too. Its my favorite Clapton song. I'm praying that he plays that song at the Mohegan Sun shows. When he opened his 2004 shows with Let It Rain was one of the best moments of my life. Hearing him play that song was just fabulous.
I just listened to his debut album for the first time in a while (which contains Let It Rain) and it's absolutely awesome. Let It Rain is flawless.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Jul 30, 2006,
The solo on that version is one of the best he ever did I think. Its so detailed yet so perfect. I love that version of his debut album.
I went to the show at the NEC Birmingham. He was amazing. Trucks was awesome, the other guy Doyle wasn't too interested that night. But Clapton, was just un-speakably awesome. I didn't see Robert Cray however. But the night was great, and all of you guys who are yet to see it are in for one hell of a treat!
if i have the money im definetelly going to the Mohegan Sun show, should be amazing, i really like the Mohegan Sun venue.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
hey are the tickets for just one night or are they for both nights? because it there for both thatd be SO FREAKIN AWESOME.
Are they still available? I hope so. I got mine on Ticketmaster right when the tickets went on sale. Boy it was slow that morning. I hope you get tickets.
Quote by psycadelicart
yea i got mine off ticketmaster too at like 10:02 lol

You and me both. Right at 10 I was purchasing those tickets.
Quote by Thokk

Cream did a cover of Crossroads so not Theirs
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post