I've been playing guitar for a while and have wanted to add some piano ability to my repertoire for quite some time as well. I want to find a good keyboard/digital piano in the $500 range. I don't know anything from experience or heresay about any particular keyboard, so I need advice from anyone here who does have some experience. I don't care for lots of bells and whistles, but I do want the most realistic feeling keys that I can find (I guess weighted would be ok, but hammer-action would be best). Something with around 70 keys would be fine. I don't want one that is built into a stand, because it definitely needs to be very portable.

That's pretty much the features I'm looking for, but I'm certainly open to suggestions of keyboards with with different features if there is something of really good quality.

Thanks for any help/suggestions
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
For a first keyboard get like a cheap one, but you want a good one. Go to guitar center and ask the salesperson what a good electric piano would be for your price range. Alot of people i see have yamaha's and they sound pretty nice.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

There are no GC's in my area. I do all my music shopping online, which is why I posted here for suggestions.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
i personally wouldn't recommend a "weighted" electric keyboard, i've noticed that unless it is REALLY expensive, the weighting seems to be awkward compared to a real piano