Page 1 of 2
This was definately one of the greatest bands formed. I recently got a few songs of theirs and this album kicks ass. It is way more heavier than Pantera, but i shouldn't be comparing them to Pantera because they are two different bands. DAMAGEPLAN KICKS SO MUCH ASS!!!

R.I.P Dimebag
On Metal-Archives, they are listed as Groove/Metalcore. O_o I give them a big meh IMO.
Last edited by SGRocker0791 at Jul 25, 2006,
I don't get how you rate an album over a few songs.

Quote you threadstarter: "I recently got a FEW SONGS of theirs and this ALBUM kicks ass.
Black/Death.
I got a few of their songs and then bought the album New Found Power. I actually would agree with you that Pantera is much better I just loved Damageplan's guitar tunings being very low and heavy. Pantera got deeper and darker every album they made until they broke up, when that happened it was a great loss for metal. And then Dime and his brother Vinnie came out with Damageplan and it kinda reminded me a little of how Kick ass Pantera was.
Yes Pantera and Damageplan are awesome bands. Dimebag is a god of heavy metal and one of the hugest influences on guitar. But honestly... this is old news guys... come on.
Epiphone les Paul Standard
Crate GT1200H & Cab
Digitech RP70
DAndario Strings
Quote by SGRocker0791
On Meal-Archives, they are listed as Groove/Metalcore. O_o I give them a big meh IMO.

Meal archives? must surely check those out.

didn't mind it that much, and respect Dime's choice to play the music that he liked with Damageplan, but compared to Pantera and the legacy that band left behind, DP is not much at all. And the music wasn't nearly as good.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Meal archives? must surely check those out.

Rofflecakes @ my spelling errors.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Rofflecakes @ my spelling errors.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
i think this could be a legit thread minus the uberposer who started it... i like new found power, i wasnt expecting pantera when it came out cuz hell if dime wanted to create the same sound over again pantera wouldnt've split up to start. its not dime best work and its no where near as heavy, but i approve
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by Spark1284
i think this could be a legit thread minus the uberposer who started it... i like new found power, i wasnt expecting pantera when it came out cuz hell if dime wanted to create the same sound over again pantera wouldnt've split up to start. its not dime best work and its no where near as heavy, but i approve

Pantera split up mostly because Phil and Rex were cutting off all communications and saying a lot of bull**** and what not for about two years or so, and so Dime and Vinnie decided to officially end Pantera.

Damageplan was meant to be different from Pantera, and I respect that, but I didn't like it that much.

And I don't know if it can be a legit thread, since they only released one album before Dime died

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
No they're really pretty bad. The very best that they could hope to achieve would be "meh" status.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
No they're really pretty bad. The very best that they could hope to achieve would be "meh" status.

I agree
The only good good project that wasn't Pantera was 'Rebel Meets Rebel'. 'Nuff said.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Rebel Meets Rebel's Album just came out so I haven't been able to hear their music. And then only uberposer in this thread is Spark1284, probably spends all day pissing people off writing replies disrespecting there selves and the music they listen to. How in gods name does this person even know i am a poser. Whatever
I like the song 'Pride', the rest of the songs sounded like NuMetal (Slipknots' vocalist has done some guestvocals if I'm right?).
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Pantera split up mostly because Phil and Rex were cutting off all communications and saying a lot of bull**** and what not for about two years or so, and so Dime and Vinnie decided to officially end Pantera.

Damageplan was meant to be different from Pantera, and I respect that, but I didn't like it that much.

And I don't know if it can be a legit thread, since they only released one album before Dime died

I didn't think Rex was. I thought Rex was just the guy caught up in the middle.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by TheHaunted
I like the song 'Pride', the rest of the songs sounded like NuMetal (Slipknots' vocalist has done some guestvocals if I'm right?).

Pride is a kickass song, and Soulbleed was pretty cool too, but a lot of that stuff did sound kinda nu-metallish.

I'm not sure about Corey Taylor, but I know Zakk Wylde did vocals on Soulbleed and a solo on another song. I thought Jerry Cantrell did something on the album, but I heard otherwise.

Isn't Vinnie working on releasing other stuff by Damageplan that was recorded before Dime's death?
I can't stand Damageplan. Boring and nothing new.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Damageplan gets the stamp of MEH to me. Boring stuff. No offense intended to Dime or Vinny, but what the hell.
This thread has become very funny, i posted it to see every ones opinion on Damageplan and about 98% of you think they suck ass, well hey more power to you all to think that, I only liked them because of Dime's guitar playing. I never really payed any attention to the Lyrics it had that vocalist who used to be a guitarist and he wasn't as good as everyone said.
When I wrote this thread i should've mentioned Dimbag Darrell's awsome guitar playing rather than mention Damageplan.
^Why? You made this as a Damageplan thread, so wouldn't you want to mention Damageplan...? There's a Dimebag thread already, anyway. Damageplan really annoys me, but then again I never really liked any of Dime's stuff.
Well I do like the band, and all i'm hearing is everyone bitch about how they suck ass. But i posted this thread about Damageplan and all of your opinions so yeah, I am getting what i asked for lots of opinions.
meh i dont really like them, blink of an eye was a kinda cool song i guess, but i'm not really a fan
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
Quote by SweetLexus16
Well I do like the band, and all i'm hearing is everyone bitch about how they suck ass. But i posted this thread about Damageplan and all of your opinions so yeah, I am getting what i asked for lots of opinions.

We're not bitching, we're posting our opinions
If you read some of the previous replies it sounds they are whinning about the band and how bad it is.
Not my favorite band, but I enjoy a few songs by them.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I like how the threadstarter is changing his reason for starting the thread every time someone outwits him/her.
Quote by kirkisking
Fucking horrible band.

kiss my ss they fuking kickass jeez do u even no heavy metal
Quote by petayyman
kiss my ss they fuking kickass jeez do u even no heavy metal

lol.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Black Hole Sun
I didn't think Rex was. I thought Rex was just the guy caught up in the middle.

it was cuz i fite between phil and dime
Page 1 of 2