I dono much about woods and voicings and stuff. I was thinking about getting a orange artcore next week and i have enough money left over to get a set of EMG's. Would it be good? because i play alot of metal.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=FWD60&z=y

EDIT: IM NOT PUTTING EMGS IN THE JESUS GUITAR ANY MORE!
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Last edited by Andrewsonfire at Jul 26, 2006,
Metal pickups in a Jazz guitar = NO! you will get so much uncontrollable feedback. Get a solidbody guitar
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
an artcore for metal....lol you dont know what you want.. try out a bunch of guitars, shop around, and remember you dont have to buy the day you get the money
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by bean-o
Metal pickups in a Jazz guitar = NO! you will get so much uncontrollable feedback. Get a solidbody guitar

i have a noise gate. would that help?
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Hollowbodys aren't going to be good for metal. Ontop of that emgs aren't designed for hollowbodys. If you want a metal playing guitar you definately need a solid body.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Quote by justinhawkins
noise gate? nope. the feedback would be insane, and why dont you get something that already has EMG's? sure the artcores look nice but you're going to want to get a solidbody if you want metal tones. look into ibanez's catalog a little further, mon frere.

meh, i hate ibanez guitars. I love artcores and jems thats it..
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by justinhawkins
ok, then look into ESP's and Schecters and see if you like anything they have.

your really pushing the wrong buttons with me haha. i hate them to. jacksons and deans are for me. well, i allmost got a ltd baritone once.. I like thoes damien 7 strings by schecter.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by justinhawkins
maybe you need to expand your horizons a little, bub.

i hate ibanez's because i herman lee.. and it sees every metal guitar play has a esp. I never played a schecter before and i never even seen one in person.
Quote by t.t deville
would i be able to get a nice hard sound out f the artcore like it is?
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
would i be able to get a nice hard sound out f the artcore like it is?

Nooo, artcores are for jazz/blues/light(ish) rock kinda stuff. Otherwise you'll just get a wall of feedback.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
Nooo, artcores are for jazz/blues/light(ish) rock kinda stuff. Otherwise you'll just get a wall of feedback.

klJAEBgLAJKbgLKAbg s !!! there is no waaaaay aaarooooound iiiiittttt... i guess i have to stick with boring guitars
Quote by t.t deville
Well, technically... EMGs with their low impedance and an internal preamp should feedback less than a passive humbucker - they just don't have as much magnetic field around them. But still, an Artcore for hard rock is a mighty silly idea. You'd want lots of solid tone wood for hard sound, not absence thereof.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Well, technically... EMGs with their low impedance and an internal preamp should feedback less than a passive humbucker - they just don't have as much magnetic field around them. But still, an Artcore for hard rock is a mighty silly idea. You'd want lots of solid tone wood for hard sound, not absence thereof.

are you saying it might work?
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
are you saying it might work?

No... What I'm saying is if you try to play metal on EMGs stuck to a hollow box filled with air, bats will start crashing into things around you because the sound coming out of your amp will be treblier than their ultrasound echolocator.

EMG = lots and lots of treble
EMG + mahogany = treble
EMG + mahogany + properly voiced and tweaked tube amp = metal sound

Now, EMG 81/85 in a hollowbody, that's a tone disaster waiting to happen. There's a reason people don't do it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
im still getting this guitar. Im not putting emgs in.. ill put my emg money that i had for the artcore towards a newer guitar. i only need like 100 more bucks for a jackson warrior.

EDIT: i just made the topic to see if the emg idea was a good one. haha, i was an idiot. Im still planing on getting this guitar because it kicks so much ass. even if it isnt for the good of metal.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
klJAEBgLAJKbgLKAbg s !!! there is no waaaaay aaarooooound iiiiittttt... i guess i have to stick with boring guitars

shut the **** up and stop complaining.
how many times must people tell you that you cant play metal with a blues guitar?
you dont see BB king with an EMG loaded ESP do you?
what about james hetfield with a gibson ES?

i doubt it.
so stfu and look around for yourself.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
how many times must people tell you that you cant play metal with a blues guitar?

i doubt it.

Seriously, you should figure out what you want and then make a purchase. Artcores are not for metal, they are a very cheap imitation of a real jazz guitar. Buy it, learn some jazz tunes learn to hate your purchase.
ehh actually ive gotten some really heavy tones out of hollow bodies before. you just have to make sure you stand way the hell away from the amp when you turn the gain up or else youll get super feedback bonanza. But yeah i dont even know if you can install EMGs into a hollowbody how would you get into it to change the battery and whatnot?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Andrewsonfire
i hate ibanez's because i herman lee.. and it sees every metal guitar play has a esp. I never played a schecter before and i never even seen one in person.

That's so stupid. You are one of the most narrow minded people I've ever seen.
Get a custom made guitar. It's apparently the only thing that fits your specs of being totally original.
noooo. that's like wanting to equip an acoustic with dimebuckers. lol. Yeah, like everyone else sed: figure out what you want and/or buy another guitar that has EMG's in it.
If you like it, buy it. You will still be able to get some hard rock tones out of it, Izzy from Gn'R played a Gibson ES-137 during the Appetite days, so it will handle some gain.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
If you like it, buy it. You will still be able to get some hard rock tones out of it, Izzy from Gn'R played a Gibson ES-137 during the Appetite days, so it will handle some gain.

one man. Ted Nugent.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by The way to hate
That's so stupid. You are one of the most narrow minded people I've ever seen.

No, Thats so stupid. I have opinions and im open to alot of stuff. I am very picky when it comes to the type of guitar i want thats all. I want it perfect.

ok, i dont like ibanez's because the ones i like either have that stupid symbol on the 12th fret or a floyde rose.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by xsynysterx06

i doubt it.

dude.... your a ****in asshole. Your the only person on ug that bes a real asshole.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by xsynysterx06

Nope, but a Gretsch WHite Falcon!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009