a capo is one of those things that holds down all the strings at a certain fret. it allows the player to chage the tuning of the guitar without acutally fooling around retuning everything.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
You put a capo on the second fret to "tune" the guitar up by one step. The capo depresses each string at the second fret to create a tuning up effect, which makes the second fret the open strings. You just shift all the tabs from there. And standard tuning is EADGBE.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
u know what a barre chord is? well it's kinda like that, only not. lol. it's like perminatly barring the 2nd fret and playing all notes relative 2 the capo.
i can't live without my capo.

oh may i take this chance to say trigger capos rock my boxxors

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Thread starter its Basically a Clamp for you guitar...whats a trigger capo?
I have a Dunlop trigger capo like that, but I just realized it's for a classical guitar. I guess the only difference is that it's wider than a regular capo, but it works fine on my acoustic. The only problem is that my left hand isn't strong enough to move the capo around