I've been noticing a problem since I've been getting more serious in playing, I'm only good at one scale. I feel like I can play really well on the pentatonic but when I play the major/minor scales it sounds horrible. Im sure some of you have encountered this, any help you could give me would be great, thanks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard(Seymour Duncan Alnico II Humbuckers)
Line 6 Spider II 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Play the pentatonic all over the neck. Guidually incorporate notes from the full major or minor scale into your playing.

In what kind of situations are you playing the pentatonic scale?
well it all depends on what you put underneath it, use the minor or major scales to construct a good and solid progression and then use the minor or major scale over it, because the rhythm part is so vital for the leads to sound good.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
try some new scales. diminished and natural harmonic (a sort of egyptian quality to it) are my other main ones besides minor pentatonic. Oh, and E Aeolian as well. that one's mainly a spinoff of min. pent. though. try those. go to wholenote.com to search scales. You'll find some real beauties there. site's a goldmine for theory and scales. good luck to ya!
Thanks for the ideas guys, wholenote.com is a great site and I'll look more in to it. To answer what I want to sound like...I've always liked the way Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys) uses the major/minor scales. Also, it's not a matter of learning the scales, I know them, I just don't know how to make them sound good. But all the stuff you said helped, keep it coming. Thanks in advance.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard(Seymour Duncan Alnico II Humbuckers)
Line 6 Spider II 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal