ok i just purchased a mesa/boogie dual rectifier, and im wondering if theres any problem with using it with a bass cab my friend has lent me. it has 8 ohm and 16 ohm jacks in the back, so it will match with the recto, but are there any other issues ?
thanks
dont do it, its gonna sound so bad, and the speakers are for lower frequencies, u can prolly blow the speakers.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
dont do it, its gonna sound so bad, and the speakers are for lower frequencies, u can prolly blow the speakers.

Nope, I use a bass amp for my guitar a lot (for a "right" amp for stereo effects) and its nice, there's a tighter low end, and a nice, round treble response.
Lots of guitarists use amp equipment made for bass guitar because they tend to have better bass response and a more full, thick kind of sound.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by metal_man12
yea but is mis matching the amp equipment ok? doesnt sound like it..

That I don't know, I was just stating that guitarists sometimes use bass amps. I'm no tech junky
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I think as long as the ohm ratings match up it'll be fine. Just be careful with your volumes for the next little while.
Fender Bassman... Originally designed as a bass amp... Became one of the classic guitar amps.
No, there should be no problem with putting your head into a bass cab. Especially with a new Mesa like you've got.
match up the ohms, and you should be fine. It's playing a bass through a guitar amp that can mess up your speakers.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids