Im looking to get the ec-400AT, and i was wandering whats the diffrence between it and the ec-1000. i know they ec-1000 have emgs in some of the colors, but i want duncans. so should i buy the 400 or spring for the 1000?
there is a ec-1000 with duncans, id recommend getting the ec-1000 since its of better quality and looks better
the ec-1000 would be a lot better than the 400 series. If you live in australia you can get a ESP standard for just a couple hundred more than the LTD deluxes, gotta love Bmusic.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by Vindicator
there is a ec-1000 with duncans, id recommend getting the ec-1000 since its of better quality and looks better

are they both mahogany? im looking for somthing more than looks. because pickups and wood are the same i think?
i pretty sure the wood and pups are the same...
the 1000 has the color of the body on the headstock and is of a better quatliy wood
(less imperfections in the grain of the wood)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
i pretty sure the wood and pups are the same...
the 1000 has the color of the body on the headstock and is of a better quatliy wood
(less imperfections in the grain of the wood)

woudl it be worth the extra?
lemmie read the site a bit first.....ill give a responce in like a few minutes

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
ive got the 400at, one difference i noticed between the two is that the 1000 has like... cutout contour **** on the back of the body where as the at is jsut a solid chunk of wood...
yeah i noticed that too but i could go either way on that.
Last edited by a67jagdream at Jul 26, 2006,
well the AT model is pretty much a Gibson ripoff with SD pups..it has only 22 frets too and crappy tuners...

i personally like the EC-1000..it looks ALOT better....has 24 frets, better bridge, and like a billions times better tuners

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
whats the difference between the bridges? and the at has grovers... i thoguht those were decent?
the AT has a Tune-o-Matic

and the 1000 has a tone pros....its a locking bridge...its grabs the ridges in the strings

i might have read the thing wrong..i simply read black hardware(on cheap guitars...it means basic crappy tuners)

well im not saying a 400 is crap (the AT i dont like) but if you have the money get the 1000

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
haha i know you arent dissing the AT, but yeah i didnt know that about the bridge, and yeah the tuners are grovers i just looked
Quote by FrancheComa
haha i know you arent dissing the AT, but yeah i didnt know that about the bridge, and yeah the tuners are grovers i just looked

its a Gibby ripoff....i hate gibson..so its a bias

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
its not worth it to get the 1000 unless you are completely focused on looks, it just has a quilted maple top and an abalone binding
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Quote by rockstar_jones
the ec-1000 would be a lot better than the 400 series. If you live in australia you can get a ESP standard for just a couple hundred more than the LTD deluxes, gotta love Bmusic.

actually its 900 (off the top of my head) but with the case you get with the Eclipse its infact more like 550aud difference
my bro's got the EC1000VSB, the LTD one. It's the vintage sunburst one, with the zebra duncans in it. It's a nice guitar, but I can't stand playing it, too used to my guitar.

BTW, his has a tune-o-matic bridge, not a tone-pros. Sperzel locking tuners. Earvana nut, 24 frets.

The guitar looks incredible.

Here's a pic of me playin' it:

ugly orange....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by numbfinger
...tone pros....its a locking bridge...its grabs the ridges in the strings

Very, VERY wrong. The bridge is identical in every way to a regular tune-o-matic bridge. The ONE difference is that there are little locking screws on the edges of the bridge that lock it to its mounting posts and prevent it from moving.

You know how you remove the strings from a tune-o-matic bridge guitar, the bridge comes off (falls off) easily? Well is doesn't on a locking bridge. That's the ONLY difference. It does NOT lock or affect strings in any way.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I'd go for the EC-400 non-AT with duncans, haven't tried it yet, but it looks sweet.

Quote by Ulfe
I'd go for the EC-400 non-AT with duncans, haven't tried it yet, but it looks sweet.

I played that when my brother was shopping for a new guitar. It's a nice guitar for sure, but i'd prefer the EC-1000.
Ok ive decided to go for the ec-1000 i played one a few days ago and fell in love which is saying alot caus i loved teh ec-400 as well, but as far as diffirences go the body is alot thiner lighter and has a contour, and the neck, despite what i said about the pic is actually thinner than the ec-400 and i love thin necks.

so to sum it up the ec-1000 takes all the imperfections that i didnt liek about gibson out of the question,*heavy body, very fat neck, and high tone pickups*