Alright guys, once I grab some cash I'm gonna pick up an Agile AL-3000. I was wondering if the stock pickups are good with mid gain distortion or not.

I'm looking for a Foo Fighterish type sound. Other sounds I'd like to be able to get close to or nail:

Stroke 9
Lit (And other punk rock)
Bush/Institute

As you can see, I like mildly distorted chords, whether they're open or power chords. And Bush has a heavier distortion in a lot of their songs. I basically want to know how to the stock pups hold up in that Agile. They're V Alnico Humbuckers.

The reason I'm asking is this:

I'm returning an order to Musician's Friend, and I wanted to know if I should grab a new pickup in exchange, or just grab a bunch of accessories (Straplocks, Fast Fret, Bulk strings, etc).
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

SH-55 Seth Lovers are awesome.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I have the 3500, and I believe they have the same pickups. I play a little bit of everything on it, and I'm fine with it. As long as you have a good amp and a good pedal, you should be fine. As for me, I'm gonna look into some pickups to go for more of a crunchy metal tone like AC/DC and stuff. You know, something with more of a tighter tone.
Pissed.
I thought the pickups in the 3000 were decent. They're voiced similar to the Duncan 59, actually, so not bad at all. I had them in my guitar for about 6 months before swapping for the EMGs, and I had the EMGs ready for the guitar since almost the first day I got it.

They should be able to easily get the sound you're looking for.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Alright, thanks again Crunch.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

The pups are pretty decent sounding. You'll like them but there are better pups out there.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Give it a while stock, then decide if you want new pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30