I like 'em.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Their first record is a classic. Everything after that I can do without. They weren't really bad at the crossover metal stuff, but it's just not my style. My only other problem with them is the homophobia. HR really sounds like a psycho from some stories I've read. I still listen to their self-titled every now and then, though.
Quote by opivy21
Their first record is a classic. Everything after that I can do without. They weren't really bad at the crossover metal stuff, but it's just not my style. My only other problem with them is the homophobia. HR really sounds like a psycho from some stories I've read. I still listen to their self-titled every now and then, though.

I'd also like to mention that Dr. Know is a great guitarist.
I like them alot.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
I've only heard like 3 tracks but I enjoyed them. They were all off 'Rock For Light' with the exception of one, which I don't remember the name of.
The first time I saw the Bad Brains they we're wearing zoot suits and they covered Sabbath's "Paranoid" as they performed at the Central Park band shell ( the one around 68th street ). Later, I got to personaaly know H.R. and believe me, he wasn't 'psychotic' as those stories made him out to be. He was a man of principles and sometimes those principles don't jibe with others on the NYHC scene ( including his band members Daryl and Dr. Know, his brother Earl never said anything and would just follow H.R. ). But being some young, punk kid who was constantly trying to improve on the guitar I appreciated knowing H.R. (especiaally when he rolled those giant spliffs ). Yeah it was weird when he called a bunch of us ( around twenty punk rockers ) together one night and tried to convert us to Rastafarinism. And I'm sure Daryl and Dr. Know didn't appreciate H.R. telling them and the executives at Island records he had to take a walk (Earl followed him out) to contemplate whether to sign the record contracts on the table in front of him. He and Earl never came back so I guess that's when Daryl and Dr. Know decided to continue with their replacements, Taj and Mackie. But when it came to performing live the Bad Brains and most especially H.R. we're phuckin' amazin'. We we're kids playing punk but they we're men playing thrash and just watching them I got to learn so much about music. I used to joke with my singer that they we're the E.L.P. of Punk. When H.R. left the band and started Human Rights years later, I got a chance to check them out down in Atlanta (my band was playing the next night ) and though the band wasn't as good as the early Bad Brains, his guitarist, Dave Jeffers, was incredible. I was disappointed that the Bad Brain's first release was on a ROIR cassette and not vinyl and Ric Ocasek's production on Rock for Light was horrid, but when I think of having seen them all those times live, or even those times in the studio '171A' rehearsing and recording with Jay Dublee at the controls. I remember Jay playing me "Sailin' On" before it was released and thinking wow, Dr. Know's solo is blazing on that tune. As for the metal factor that eventually crept in, I think that's inevitable with any punk band that eventually masters their instruments, unless the guitarist is gonna continue to listen to Steve Jones and never graduate to somebody or something better (which is just about anyone come to think of it ). So give the Bad Brains their props for bringin' hardcore punk from DC and planting it in NYC where they astounded many of us for those first few years of the 1980's. Oh, one last thing, H.R. can sing his lungs out and is a terrific frontman, one of the all time best.
- Axe Miester!
'Probably one of my all time favourite bands. I like their hardcore, and I also like their reggae. The song House Of Suffering got me into them, back when I was 13. I don't think I could ever get tired of them.
Bad brains is amazing. FVK covers them and they play a good show. My brother tells me there selling bad brains shirts at hot topics now.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod